Strat Neck

i need a new neck for my eric clapton strat which would u go with? a genuine fender ec neck or a custom from usacg or warmoth?

Adam

Oh no, he's back! :D

I thought you sold that guitar, possum?

Anyway, I'll go with whatever you choose. Although, if you want it to say Fender on the headstock, I'd go with that one.

I'd venture to guess that a Warmoth might be a better built neck... but like Mickguard pointed out, it won't have the Fender logo. Depends on if you want it to look all original or not.

I take it this is the one that has areas where the finish is worn through? You could probably get it professionally touched up for less than a new neck. Your call.

i need a new neck for my eric clapton strat which would u go with? a genuine fender ec neck or a custom from usacg or warmoth?

Adam

Oh no, he's back! :D

I thought you sold that guitar, possum?

Anyway, I'll go with whatever you choose. Although, if you want it to say Fender on the headstock, I'd go with that one.

I saw that auction. It didn't have a "Clapton" neck on it. The Fender decal was poorly applied and the serial# was American, but not from a signature series guitar. Man, I shoulda saved the pics.

Indeed. The serial no is from a 2001 US model, not a 2000 signature model. If it was a real Clapton neck (or any sig' model) it should start with SE, SN or SZ. The main decal is also bent - the word 'stratocaster' is trying to take off!

Something very fishy 'bout 'dat...

Possum you shouldn't buy any of them. You should put what you have in a box and send it to me! :0)

I've become somewhat of a strat junkie lately. So far I am up to 3. Well 2 1/2 as I broke the headstock on one last night. I threw up a little... But it was a bastard strat anyway.

Seriouslt though, I love my new hobby of building, but I also love the classics and an original neck is the way to go. What's wrong with the exsisting neck? Wanna sell it to offset the cost? *GRIN* I seem to be in need on one, LOL.

R-