1 Pc Genuine Honduran Mahogany Body Blanks

Guitarfrenzy

As you all know I've had to sell quite a bit of stuff to raise money, but I never thought I'd be selling my best kept wood. These are some awesome pieces of Genuine Honduran Mahogany. Each of them are ready for guitar building. They've been kiln dried to a moisture content of 7% and have been stored for guitar building purposes.

Dimensions are:

Width: 15-1/2"

Length: 20"

Thickness: 1-3/4"

Here's the 3 body blanks I'm selling...

Body Blank A

Body Blank B

Body Blank C

This is the good stuff, it's light in weight and color, and would make a killer guitar. I can't ship out of the US due to CITES. This wood is getting increasingly harder to get, especially pieces this size, and the prices are going up. Check any other supplier and you'll see. I've started the auction at what I feel is a great price for this wood. I'm going to probably regret selling these, but right now I really have no choice.

Thanks everyone for looking,

Matt Vinson

Matt,

I did the "Buy it Now" for "C". :D

Sorry you're having to part with your stash, but it will be put to good use.

Do you have any mahogany neck blanks available?

Mike

Thanks Mikhailgtrski, I can't wait to see what you build with this wood. Take pictures ok!!

Basically, I had those 3 ready for me to build guitars, except I needed money before I got to use them.. lol So I thought I'd try to sell a few of them, but I do still have quite a bit of the wood although it's in the rough, and hasn't been planed. What size of wood do you need? I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks Again,

Matt Vinson

I haven't drawn it up yet, but the neck will be a set neck/scarf-joint/25" scale. The guitar I'm thinking of is something along the lines of a semi-hollow singlecut with a maple cap. Kind of a PRS-ish hollowbody with some Gibson Howard Roberts influences. At least that's what's in my head.

Gotta finish my current project first... :D

Ok guys, the last three body blanks are gone. I planed two more body blanks, and that's all I plan on selling. So if your wanting some good 1 piece Genuine Mahogany Body Blanks, here's your last chance from me. I started the bidding down lower this time. Like I said, I don't want all my good stash to be sold out, so I decided to hold on the the rest of what I have. Here's the two that are up for auction.

Body Blank D

Body Blank E

Thanks,

Matt Vinson

I received body blank "C" today. Beautiful stuff with a wonderful resonant tap tone!

Mike

Glad you liked the wood, I'm probably gonna regret selling it later on, when I run out of what I saved, and can't find it myself.. lol It does have a great tap tone, which is the reason I had bought it and stored it.

I actually didn't realise exactly how hard it is to get a one piece genuine mahogany blank nowdays. It looks like in the future, the prices are going to go through the roof even more due to CITES export restrictions. The wide blanks like these are getting rare.

Glad you liked the wood, I'm probably gonna regret selling it later on, when I run out of what I saved, and can't find it myself.. lol It does have a great tap tone, which is the reason I had bought it and stored it.

I actually didn't realise exactly how hard it is to get a one piece genuine mahogany blank nowdays. It looks like in the future, the prices are going to go through the roof even more due to CITES export restrictions. The wide blanks like these are getting rare.

Love it! Rich suggested a 3/8" maple cap (to match the top) for the back of my semi-hollow project, but I couldn't bear to route away the back of that nice one-piece mahogany. It deserves to be seen!

I have a feeling it's going to ring really, really well. My wife was even impressed by the tap tone, and she's normally not interested in that kind of thing. :D

Thanks again, Matt. :D

Mike

Man, I can't believe I missed these. I'm looking to finally build my first guitar, and any one of those would have been perfect for one later down the line when I figure out what I'm doing.

GBT

Joseph,

Get with me before you get any wood, I have a great stash that you might want to look through while we drink a brew. Tops, body blanks, fretboards, neck blanks. I'm sure we can come up with what you need for your build. PM me or email when you want to get together.

Mike

Man, I can't believe I missed these. I'm looking to finally build my first guitar, and any one of those would have been perfect for one later down the line when I figure out what I'm doing.

GBT

Ok,, I've been getting emails, etc... wondering if I had any left, and I do, but I originally wasn't going to sell anymore. I've got a Beautiful 1 pc of Mahogany that's already planed, and a very nice 2 pc set of Genuine Mahogany planed. I've decided to sell them since so many of you guys are wanting some and I still need to raise money. I listed them on Ebay, and if you get them both I'll ship them together for a shipping discount. Here they are..

Body Blank F

2 pc. Honduran Mahogany Body Blank

I'm giving you guys a chance to get some good stuff.

Thanks,

Matt Vinson

"F" looks exatly like my index fingerprint. B)

Maybe it's a sign from God, I need to buy it :D:D:D

Sorry, your too late, right after you posted this someone bought it with the Buy It Now option, and was shipped out an hour later. I still have the two piece set that's nice though that will end in todays auction. Again, thanks for your interest.

Matt Vinson