Slow down tempo

jbkim

i do it the old fasioned way...sheet music when i have it....by ear when i don't.i have been considering one of those things that slow it down without changing the pitch though.

Yeah, same here but I usually need digital help for things like a Holdsworth guitar solo :D . The winamp plug-ins I mentioned do the "slow it down without changing the pitch" and the A-B repeater is nice so that you don't have to manually stop and "rewind" the mp3 B) on those difficult sections. I don't know what's available for Macs or Linux. These plug-ins are nice because they are FREE and I don't have to buy a separate device like a "Tascam CDGT1 Portable CD Guitar Trainer." I was just wondering if others here knew of something "better" or more convienient than the winamp plug-ins. Thanks again!

Yeah I have the soundblaster live! 5.1

It came with Creative Playcenter. It also has a feature to slow down MP3's up to 6x slower of fasten them up to 6x faster. It works perfectly as the program doesn't affect the pitch of the tones!!

Here's a sample of the solo from Master of puppets from metallica. I've changed the tempo from nromal to -6x several times, and you'll hear the pitch never changed. (btw this song is in D, because all my guitars are tuned one whole step lower to D)

sample from "master of puppets" witch changed tempo