Slabbefusk's Burnt & Stained Rg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

And shes done!

P8270109.jpg

It took all of my summer holidays and a week or two before it was finally time to play the guitar. I spent yesterday wetsanding my butt off and today after some brainstorming I decided I wanted a kind of matt finisih so I went over it with 0000 steel wool and I'm happy about the results. I know this is not a perfect finish but what I wanted was a nice looking player and I reckon I have achieved just that. After some wiring and setting up she plays and sounds like butter!

I was eager to get pictures on here so they're not the best quality, comments now please! :D

th_P8270114.jpg

th_P8270113.jpg

th_P8270106.jpg

th_P8270105.jpg

th_P8270103.jpg

th_P8270107.jpg

Turned out fantastic!

I'm not usually a huge fan of RGs but I love this one :D

The finish turned out great, very nice lookng instrument! Looks like you have a small ding on the back of the body. You can pop that out easily with a wet paper towel and a saudering iron. Just don't let the paper towel try up or it will burn.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you dont mind but i just sent a link to this discussion to my sprayer. We have a bass in the pipeline that has given us loads of finishing problems.............. IT MUST BE BURNT!!!

Its gonna have all black hardware so i may steal your colour scheme to a certain degree

Hot damn that looks sexy!!!! Im really geting in to these burnt finishes

!!METAL MATT!! :D