Solder Won't Stick To 1 Meg Toress Bottom

Stiffy

Probably anodized. Just take some 320 sandpaper and scuff them up and the solder will stick.

I prefer not to solder to the back of pots. I solder a bare wire to a washer which goes over the pot shaft and gets clamped between pot and pickguard. This wire then loops back to the ground lug on the pot, and all other grounds attach to it. It saves having to heat up a pot case sufficiently to melt solder.

John

I solder a bare wire to a washer which goes over the pot shaft and gets clamped between pot and pickguard.
I've used the same technique with crimp-on lugs - it works well, and the joint integrity appears to be every bit as good as a solder joint, although I'm sure there are those who will debate that. :D

"I prefer not to solder to the back of pots. I solder a bare wire to a washer which goes over the pot shaft and gets clamped between pot and pickguard. This wire then loops back to the ground lug on the pot, and all other grounds attach to it. It saves having to heat up a pot case sufficiently to melt solder.

John"

I have a small drawer full of spare/new rings and washers for Pots. I will try something like that on the next Project!

Thank you Al Gore for inventing plagarism and the Internet! You shoulda won! :D