pickups, which one do you think is better

jeremywills

I am looking at pickups for my project, wich one do you guys think are the best ones  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im debating on what pickups to get, most likely, im going to be doing a hum single hum config, with 4 conductor prefered for split coil op, the pickguard and current pickups allready wired up with a togle for split coil, i know im getting a seymour duncan single coil for the middle, but for the other two humbuckers, well thanks for your opinions

Jeremy

its just cheap plywood, this is not a guitar that I want to sink tons of money into, i just want to play with different ideas, i think if i play around can get a decent sound outta it, the current pickups dont work at all, so i dont know if its a just a bad pot, or the capacitor aint any good any more, or just a broken wire some where, but they look very cheap and i doubt worth saving, so im thinking just a good set of nice humbuckers would be great, and i think ill just get all new pots, wires, etc, and that way i know its all going to work, plus im going to have a new pickguard made, so thats why i think i should decide first what im going to put in it so that they can cut all the needed holes and stuff, the bodys routed for hum single hum so i know the middle has to be a single coil sized and i think the seymour duncan hot rails single coil size would be a perfect middle, and split coil i think would give it a nice blend of tones, i might even think about a piezo bridge at some point, its routed extremely big under that guard, i gots lots of room for the active componets as well, since its a hardtail, i can always cut a spot in the back to add a plastic or make something on my own battery box as theres no trem springs in the way, ill try and get a camera and some pics up as soon as i can of this guitar, thanks for your advice

i guess it dont matter too much, im just waiting for a good deal on something, so i guess price will depict, i think upgrading the guard, the pickups, adding the extra single, and replaceing the neck will make this one neat guitar, like i said, im even debating trying to add a piezo bridge to get acoustic sounds outta it, why not, i dont mind screwing up a cheap guitar, and ill have all this great stuff for something else if it dont work out, thanks for your advice, i appreciate it

• 3 weeks later...

jeremy,

if you consider a p90 in the neck, think about grabbing a gibson p100 which is a stacked humbucker in a p90 cover. you can split this to tap the top coil which is the hotter of the two........basically you would then have a 'p90+'.

i'm tellin ya, it's magic......neck or bridge.

I believe gibson has stopped carrying these this year but can be picked up at a decent price.

yawner

• 1 year later...