Long Veneers Source

verhoevenc

Hey, I'm just wondering where you guys all get your veneers for accent lines in laminate neck blanks. LMII has bunch of colors, but not long enough for neck-thru blanks. I got a source for them in the UK fromt he Vampyre bass thread, but since I'm in the US that's not really a cost effective option for me. If anyone could let me know where ya'll get them that'd be great. Also, normal pricing??? Cause those ones at LMII seem a little pricey for what exactly they entail...

Chris

Are you refering to a multi-laminate neck that might have 3-5 pieces? We make all of our pieces.

To be honest, it's the first time I've come across veneers that thin Chris. I was originally going to go for ebony but the relative expense and the fact it doesn't *like* being think put pay to that one. I believe woods like sycamore and poplar tend to be easier to make into wafer thin veneer if that helps. Blackwood, kingwood and ebony just seem too brittle to hold their own.

Google says.....

Edited by Prostheta