Grizzly Strat Kit (h3123)

I jumped on the Internet to find out some information about a guitar kit and found this great forum. From the reading and searches I did, it looks like there are some real experts and helpful folks here.

Anyway... onto the question.

Does anyone have any experience with the Grizzly Strat kit? http://www.grizzly.com/products/H3123

It looks like a pretty good deal. I've purchased Grizzly tools in the past, but never any of their guitar stuff. I also know their owner Shiraz Balolia builds guitars, so I'm hoping his kits are decent quality. I'm not sold on Grizzly though. If there is a better bang for the buck out there, I'd love to hear about it.

Any ideas, insight, advice, tips or questions are welcomed.

Thanks!

That is the same as the Saga kit is it not? And at twice the price.

Saga kits are basswood and come with shaped headstocks. The Grizzly's are alder and have unshaped headstocks. Both probably roll out of the same factories in Asia. Those are also the same tuners and hardware you'll find on any sub-$200 guitar made by anyone.

Saga s-style kits have a half paddle headstock with tuner holes drilled but not shaped. The LP kit has a paper carved top. The Grizzly LP kit was quickly taken off the market probably for the same reason the SPG kits were taken off the market.

Thanks for all the replies. After some consideration, I think I'll drop the kit idea. I think I'll order a tele neck and hardware and make my own body. Probably cover it in some figured maple veneer and dye it blue.

It should be an interesting project. I guess I'll be spending some more time around here and bug you all for advice.

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the replies. After some consideration, I think I'll drop the kit idea. I think I'll order a tele neck and hardware and make my own body. Probably cover it in some figured maple veneer and dye it blue.

It should be an interesting project. I guess I'll be spending some more time around here and bug you all for advice.

Thanks again.

Good idea. I've decided that my next build will be from scratch, not from a kit.

BTW, do you live in Wisconsin? If so where are you from?

Edited by hotgoalie11565

I dunno. Doesn't seem quite the same as the Saga kit from where I'm standing. Not saying that it's going to make the best guitar ever anywhere EVAR, but I don't think it's quite the same.