Increase Output?

Lord-of-the-strings

There's numerous circuits on the internet you could use (like a microamp in ur guitar). Are you needing clean boost or what?

In terms of increasing output, its not really possible without changing pickups or installing some kind of active circuit (ie with battery). But if you don't mind that then its pretty easy. look at general guitar gadgets under their boosters tab. some are pretty small and easy to fit in a axe cavity.

S

stratoblaster works great for that purpose

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/TheBigMan-La...s/stratoblaster

i replaced the boost control pot with a switch, so i can select between two resistors, meaning i have the option of ''slight push'' and ''crunchy as hell''

i havent got around to replacing my output jack with a stereo one yet (to cut the battery off) and i haven't changed the battery in about 2 months, still works great.

you know just a buffer unity gain would take the load off the pickups and be a world of difference.

Ansil's right - unless you're looking for a huge boost, a decent buffer (like this one <ahttp://www.projectguitar.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'> ) will improve clarity and presence without introducing any distortion or noise. If you want overdrive, the previously mentioned Stratoblaster or Don Tillman's FET guitar preamp are good choices, as is Jack Orman's AMZ MOSFET booster. Opamp boosts are also easy, but often require a few more parts, and can be noisy if poorly designed.

Keep in mind that even with the best circuit, more than 20dB of boost is probably going to exceed the headroom of a 9 volt powered circuit and generate clipping distortion (not necessarily a bad thing, if that's what you want).