Fender Decal

jtmullet

Hey I am needing a fender strat decal and I know I have seen some people on here who have had some printed at sign shops with a laser printers but my question is how do you do this meaning how do you get the fender strat logo for them to print or if anyone has one they'd be willing to sell it'd be much apreciated.

Contact Helen in the legal department of Fender USA. She will send you the relevant paperwork in regards to using Fender decals.

Yes, that's right. For permission to use Fender trademarks, go to Helen Waite.

No, she left.

The secretary i spoke to last time said i needed to go to Helen Bach for decals.

I just do it over email now. Much easier.

How far do these trademarks stretch?

Is it just the name? i.e. Does using a different name but same font get you a slap on the wrist, too ?

Nothing sinister planned, just curious as to the legal parameters in this trademark issue.

cheers,

Stu :D

Contact Helen in the legal department of Fender USA. She will send you the relevant paperwork in regards to using Fender decals.

Yes, that's right. For permission to use Fender trademarks, go to Helen Waite.

Abbott & Costello.........Martin & Lewis.....

now Perry & Marksound! :D

I cant take it :D:DB)

-Vinny

You know, i never mentioned this before, because really, its not up to me to CONTINUALLY stand up against fraud on this forum, but the Fender rep i spoke to about 6 months back said that forums where in their targets, and action will soon be under way.

Yep, that means our friendly admin team (mods too?) are responsible for what happens on here, and the fact they do nothing to remove posts that suggest ways of committing fraud, means they dont care. Thats not my opinion, thats Fender's, with their millions and millions of dollars they can throw around to heavy the little guys, and their crack legal teams who are bored out of their brains not doing anything useful.

Doesnt bother me either way, i aint in the line of fire. I dont have a business or property to lose, cause i aint going to get hauled into the court house (regardless of it they are right or wrong) over the matter.

But, you know, what do i know...

You know, i never mentioned this before, because really, its not up to me to CONTINUALLY stand up against fraud on this forum, but the Fender rep i spoke to about 6 months back said that forums where in their targets, and action will soon be under way.

Yep, that means our friendly admin team (mods too?) are responsible for what happens on here, and the fact they do nothing to remove posts that suggest ways of committing fraud, means they dont care. Thats not my opinion, thats Fender's, with their millions and millions of dollars they can throw around to heavy the little guys, and their crack legal teams who are bored out of their brains not doing anything useful.

Doesnt bother me either way, i aint in the line of fire. I dont have a business or property to lose, cause i aint going to get hauled into the court house (regardless of it they are right or wrong) over the matter.

But, you know, what do i know...

maybe he has a real fender, and de a refinish? or replaced the neck?

from fenders website:

http://fender.com/support/faq/index.php#q9

Is it possible to get a replacement decal for my old Fender instrument?

In many cases, the answer is "YES!" To help us achieve the best match of available decals, take at least 4 clear photographs of your instrument, (the entire front, entire back of the instrument and a close-up of the front and back of the headstock). This will help us verify that it is indeed a genuine Fender product in need of a replacement decal, (if the instrument has the serial number stamped into the neck plate, please include a pencil "rubbing" from the neck plate showing this number).

Next, take the photos along with your guitar to the nearest Authorized Fender Service Center, where they will evaluate the instrument. After comparing the instrument with the photos, they will then mail the photos and neck plate rubbing to our Product Support team in Scottsdale. Once we receive the photographs, we will try to find the most accurate decal for that instrument. We will then send the appropriate decal to the Authorized Service Center. Note: Decal availability is limited to certain models, and while Fender does not charge a fee for a replacement decal, the Fender Authorized Service Center may charge a fee for providing this service to you.