Wiring- 3 way switch, no knobs, 1 pickup on at a time
Finish- Black and pink body, dyed black neck 2 PUs pink, 1 black
Hardware- either all chrome or all black

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

Mahog/Maple/Mahog 7 string neck-thru.

Ebony/rosewood fret board

SS frets

Modified RG style body contours.

Multi-Step stained Quilt/birdey Maple front (already bought the veneer and I've got enough for two guitars with matching head stocks)

Basswood Body

Hardtail bridge

Dimarzio Air Norton 7 and Tone Zone 7 or dual EVO 7

Thru body stringing.

graphite nut..

Well, I got lots of dreams...call 'em future plans!

The first three are in progress or slated for construction in the near future:

1. The Bocaster for one....modified bo diddley shape with telecaster (Fender US) electronics and tele style hardware

2. The Bocaster Thinline....semi-hollow modified bo diddley shape with telecaster (Fender Mex) pickups and tele style hardware

3. The Strabocaster ....modified bo diddley shape with strat electronics and hardware (I don't like the strat style body but I need the sound!)

And there's three more I'll want build from parts I have lying around:

4. A full hollow body --probably rectangular (true Bo Diddley) shape, though maybe Bocaster shape if I think I can pull it off-- mounted with Dan Armstrong lipsticks...looking for a FEEDBACK machine! This one will have a Gibson Melody Maker -style headstock and stoptail and and old Kay tremelo I picked up.

5. The Bo-Bass...modified Bo Diddley shape with precision or jazz bass parts.

6. A Bo-coustic...thin-body with strat style neck... you get the idea...probably with a piezo pickup

Yeah, I know, the Bocaster thing's getting a little carried away....and I don't think I'd be able to sell any of them either....

On the other hand, it keeps me from wanting to drop a couple grand on a 'real' guitar!

my dream guitar is--

agressive looking, custom strat-like body, with the jag style end (so there is room to move the volume/tone knobs and switch back from the annoying strat positions)

neck thru, mahogany/walnut/mahogany 3pc, 24 fret, thin neck.

mahogany body, quilted mahogany carved top (or maybe walnut, i do have a whole walnut tree lying in the shed after all :D )

floyd rose, planet waves cutting tuners (all hardware chrome)

SD SH-6 in the bridge, and either 2 hotrails.

see-thru black burst finish, with chrome highlights around the edges.

however, givin how much i actually know about building guitars so far, and hopw much wood working experiene i actually have, it might be a while before it gets done.

"silvertonessuckbutigotone", if you have no knobs for volume. Then do you plan on having some kind of mute switch or something built in?

Having no volume knob sounds very inpractical.

My Dream guitar:
My Les Paul Smart Wood with the thinner and lighter "The Paul" body and the awesome bubinga top it has on it now. The only thing i would change was humbuckers, i think they are crap but i don't know why cause their gibson stock p-ups. Also id get the switching a little modded with coil tapping. :DB)

dream guitar:

doyle wolfgang von frankenstein's annihilator. through graphite neck, rosewood body, id use a motherbucker instead of dean markley pickups, no volume or tone pots (why bother?). all in matt black with chemical black hardware.

the ultimate in horror punk/metal guitars. :D

EZ, a complete hybrid in every way, Jerry Garcias Irwin/Ambelic Rosebud, and Trey Anastasios thinline Languadoc(the first one with the lighter finish) with the f-holes. So, Its going to be the basic shape of Rosebud but tilted like the Langs. with like a soft semi-bleached brazillian rosewood top and like a darker pearl inlayed binding? Is that even possible? So basically Treys back half with Jerrys front half done with the class of the "Bud" and the freedom of the Languadoc. This thing is going to be frecking sick! It will have all of Jerry's MIDI effects with the classic Languadoc hollowbady sustaining sound, or whatever that is. My god I can't wait to see/play it when it's done!!!

A Bc rich warlock , mhaogany neck and wings, 5A quilted maple top, bound ebony fretboard with paua abalone diamonds, single bridge humbucker, quad bridge, pointed 6 in line headstock, all chrome hardware, finished in trans cherry, like an SG :D AND:

A Bc Rich Kerry King Wartribe

Jackson Randy Rhoads RR-1