pukko

Fantastic!

I love both your guitars.

Build more!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pukko, your problems with red may be down to several things - one being white balance, the other being the light metering of your camera offsetting or reducing the dynamic range of colours due to light from reflections. This isn't my information as I am not an expert in photography - I just asked a friend who is fairly enthusiastic about this hobby on your behalf.

One example he gave me was hot rod photographers - apparently they spritz body panels to reduce glare, and therefore reduce the dynamic range somewhat. I wouldn't recommend spraying your guitars with water however....try using the white balance correction on the camera or in a photo editor, or putting an RGB calibration card in the shot and calibrating your photos that way. If you have a lot of direct lighting (spotlights, sun etc.) then use more diffuse lighting such as bulbs behind paper to soften the light sources. Small holes in the paper still allow white highlights to appear on the glossy surfaces if you want them.

Sounds plausible, but lets see how it works in practice. On with the red photos!!

>>GregP

Thanks!

>>Ben

Thanks! I would build more if I had more money and time...

>>Prostheta

Thanks, that´s nice of you to ask your friend about it! I´ll have to try and find those things in the camera then! I´ll try experimenting with the light as well, it always seems to be easier to get good pics in (not too bright) daylight though...

>>CrazyManAndy

Thanks! That would be the slowest production ever if I'm going to do it myself...

>>Mattia

Thanks! I didn´t really know where to go for the plating either, I got in touch with the guy who does it for me through a Swedish guitar forum. I think he works at some industrial paint shop. I guess someone who paints cars should know where to get things plated, especially people who are into vintage cars or motorcycles. Cool that you´re getting a mill, making your own bridges/hardware?