Threaded Inserts

definatly cheaper then home depot was for 20..

go to the hardware desk, look for the "wood" section of nuts and bolts.

they will have a few depths/sizes

just remember, the design is generally ment to have a object from the otherside of the board drilled through, and the threads used on the oposit end.

in our case its different, but still works none the less. I just had to drill a relif for the overhang.

ALSO the thread pattern is not the same as my Fender wood screws, so I had to buy new screws(machine thread).

I know this has definately been talked about before, but does anyone know a good website where i can get treaded inserts for th heel of a bolt on neck. Possibly cheap?

Any good hardware store worth its name should be able to provide you with this. If possible go with the steel version instead of the brass. There is a possibility to strip the (machine) threads if you use brass.

I use steel inserts and stainless steel torx head screws. The fixation between body and neck is super solid, wont shift even withour a neck pocket (if anyone would ever build a guitar without neck pocket).