fender custom shop showmaster

krazyderek

I was in my local guitar dealer and they had a Fender Custom shop Showmaster, you know the carved top no pickguard models? anyways... 2500$ CAN guitar, the left side of the neck pocket didn't even touch the guitar neck, and i don't mean by like microns, the entire left side of the neck (if you're looking at the front of the guitar) was over 1mm (1/16") away from the side of the pocket, you could probably get 5 or 6 thick playing cards in there. my jaw just kinda hit the floor, cause it was a custom shop usa model going for 2500$, as in dollars... not penies or buttons... kinda weird and sad at the same time. I've also come across a 1799$ Fender Start USA comfort contour model (or what ever they're called) that sounded like the person who wired the guitar in the assembly department was drunk.

Anyone else notice something like this with a high end fender guitar? or any other high end brand name for that matter?

(as per the new rules, i'm not trying to start a flamer, just an informative thread about manufacturer defects and they're frequency)

I've seen plenty of high end guitars with flaws , even a PRS dragon II that had a bad flaw with the finish on the body. Price at the time of spotting it $8,900

IF I'd have seen that guitar at that price it would be at my house right now :D

I live 45 minutes from the PRS Factory. I'd have bought it and taken it back to PRS to be fixed

yup, as soon as you start makin em yourself, you really start to notice that a LOT of so-called high end guitars are prone to poor build quality.

the only consistent quality guitars i see are cheaper ones like squiers and epiphones.

sad really.

Guest AlexVDL

Well, the first dragons all had handcut inlays... so if you'd bought one for almost $9.000, you'd be rich right now :D

Or do you mean the first release of the machine inlaid dragons??