Not that I ever expect to see these back, but I would like to ask the community to be on the look out. There is a reward. These were taken from the Gig Harbor/Tacoma WA area.

1995 Taylor 612C

1975 Fender Strat (with a very worn maple fretboard)

Custom built (by me) Strat copy (finished with metal flake embedded cloth with a blue burst)

Custom built (by me) Jazz bass copy (black with pearl pickguard and gold hardware)

Washburn D-10

We were scheduled to go to our first studio session this week, but now it's on hold. :D

I haven't been to this forum in a couple years due to writing and practicing new material. I have started a new band with Jerry Miller of Moby Grape fame as the headliner. Watch for us in the future. Jerry Miller and the Ruston a Way Band. The bands name is a play on the local area where Jerry grew up in Tacoma, Wa. Besides we are all getting older and here in the NW we do rust.

I hope all is well with the long time forum members as well as the newbs.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Its good to see some old forum members are still around and not good to know that some will never return. Regarding the theft of your guitars, did you go thru the right channels at relocating them? Were they insured?

The odds of recovery can be slim to none but those odds can be increased in your favor if you do a few things. First off, the internet is a powerful tool and there are a surprizing number of good samaritans out there. Posting here is a good move. I also suggest getting the word out to some other places.

http://www.stolenguitarregistry.com/philosophy.php

http://www.guitarsite.com/database/Guitars/rec/2995/

I assume you've filed a report with the local police including all the particulars ie. date, time place, circumstances.

I had a guitar stolen from me years ago and I recovered it 4 months later despite VERY slim odds. The guitar had changed hands about 3 or 4 times before it wound up in the hands of a good samaritan. When I say it was slim odds I really mean it. If the new owner was not a tinkerer he would never have seen my name stamped into the wood inside the control cavity. If he was not a computer user he would never have taken to initiative to do a Google search for my name and found my entry in the theft database stating that it was stolen from my truck on Christmas day in Burnaby, BC. My entry also included a weblink featuring pictures of the guitar, that clinched it. He could easily have just kept the instrument and not bothered to contact me at all! Try finding a stolen item in the Greater Vancouver area, very slim odds indeed!

When the theft occurred I acted as fast as I could as well as thought about it before hand. My name was on the guitar and I had taken numerous pictures. I went to all the local pawnshops and put the word out. I submitted a police report with the local RCMP. When I got home I got on the computer and put the word out here and other forums as well as theft databases.

Believe it or not, the people you think would be the most valuable at helping to relocate stolen property tend to do the least. But every little bit helps. Police will not go out of their way to specifically look for your guitars. If they DO come across stolen property in their travels they might painstakingly search their reported theft databases. Pawn shop owners will offer the perp the least amount possible for the guitar(s) and then contact you. You will then have to pay them back the money they gave the thief. They will NOT try to apprehend the thief in their shop and they will NOT call the police after conducting any business with the thief. The police will just sieze the guitar and the pawn shop will be minus the money he paid out. However, every legitimate pawn shop transaction requires ID from the seller and a police follow up might be done there.

Anyway, good luck at retrieving your guitars. I just live across the water from you in Victoria BC.

married????what girl could tame the Fonz?

now vankirk...i am a bit put out with you....www's old butt posts and you are right there with bells on...but you have not even said boo to me...your old slamming buddy!

it is nice to have three of us in the same post though...if we could just get alex and coen to post in this thread... :D

• 2 months later...
married????what girl could tame the Fonz?

now vankirk...i am a bit put out with you....www's old butt posts and you are right there with bells on...but you have not even said boo to me...your old slamming buddy!

it is nice to have three of us in the same post though...if we could just get alex and coen to post in this thread... B)

LoL!

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been busy and haven't checked up here very often lately.

Ahhh, the slam thread. Honesty and BS, so therapeutic and loads of fun.

It is cool to see ya back, you were missed. It wasn't the same around here without ya, sweetcheeks! :D

Now that I'm married everyday is a slamthread :D