Non-guitar Related Projects

Jester

Okay, folks! This is the thread for showing off other things you've made from wood.

Turnings, furniture, marquetry, carvings etc. etc. Anything goes.

I'll start by showing some of the christmas presents I made.

For my little brother I made this quattro game:

picture2376jj4.jpg

Dark ones are mahogany and the light ones are birch. The board is oak with mahogany inserts.

I also inlayed little magnets under the pads and little screws on the knobs so they stay put. Another shot

For my mom I turned a few of these candle holders (the other one is maple).

Today I got a little bored at school and turned this "bowl" (not deep enough to really call it a bowl).

My first try at a natural edged bowl. Another shot

Share share share, people! It's nice to do something non-guitar related once in a while. :D

Edited by Jester

I discovered quattro on the new MSN messenger recently, not heard of it before, it's a good game.

Nice work...that candle stick is nice, the bowl...hmm... :D .....it really hurts my eyes & head :D I can't really make it out in that photo because of all the pattern but it looks like some nice wood.

nice work indeed. it's easier to go to my website to see all that i make out of wood than it would be for me to tell you. by the way, none of the items there are still available and i'm in the process of changing the entire site to an advertising type site instead of a point of purchase site. i just flat out don't have time to maintain and update it...anyway, the whole point of that was to assure everyone that this isn't spam....just responding to the question of what i make out of wood. :D

uncle johnnys woodshop

Made this Chess board last week for my daughter. The pic sucks, LOL:)))

Paduak and Maple. with a purple heart lam next to the board between the apron and play field.

MK

Chess board

Looks really nice! Is it solid wood or veneer?

Solid wood. the playing field is 7/16 " thick the apron is 3/4" thick with a rabbit to set the board flush with the apron top.

MK

Made this Chess board last week for my daughter. The pic sucks, LOL:)))

Paduak and Maple. with a purple heart lam next to the board between the apron and play field.

MK

Chess board

Sweet, nice work! One day I look forward to making a completely custom chess set.

Thanks Jon,

come on over sometime we'll make a few boards in a few hours.LOL:))) Finishing takes the next day

MK

Since I live in an old house, I'm constantly doing things to that. I've not really built anything recently but so far I have to build a little post box type of thing for the cards at the wedding. I'd also like to build a very nice little vaneered box for a present for my nearly wifey to keep all the loose wedding photos in, unfortunetly I've just blown up her car so I don't think I'll have the money to do it now (I'd also have to try and do it in secret which is difficult in such a small house) :D

I've nearly completed a new 6ft x 2ft vivarium for our tortoise complete with insulated walls, fresh-air venting & fully controlled day/night heating & lighting. I've just got to paint a jungle scene on the walls & it'll be ready for when she wakes up :D I just hope she prefers it to her old one which my girlfriend covered in dinosaur wallpaper.

It's not a completely selfless act, the new size, insulation & ventilation means that I can now create a workspace around it.