Help With My Behringer Fcb1010 And Vamp2

Thoughtless 7

Hello all, i've been using my vamp 2 a lot lately, but what i've noticed is everytime i change to another reset using the midi controller, there is a slight delay of about a second...is there anyway i can 1) do any mods to stop the delay and 2) set up my FCB1010 so i just have to press pedal 1-10 without pressing select (i've read behringers site but i can't understadn their instructions). So if anyone has any suggestions it would be great, if not...i'll just have to build a pedal board with my most used effects on...

ok, behringer ships the controller with the messages to change patches and that thing on the vamp2, but further things need configuration on the pedalboard, and that is a hell. a friend of mine owns one and he wasn't able to do it himself (it was not me who helped anyway) but when i learned about that, i searched and found ;P THIS

that said, the delay on the vamp2 may be caused not by the floorboard, but the unit itself. there are some vamp users around that will know more than me in that field, i can only recall something like if you changed the emulation there was a delay, but if you stayed with the emulation and only touched the effects there was not. i may be wrong. hope it helps.

bye

I have an FCB 1010 myself, with the UnO firmware, and I've been using the MDI program somebody else posted. The sky is the limit for the programming options, but you just need to figure out how to get to it. I suggest checking out the yahoo! groups for the FCB; as well as the V-AMP because those guys have worked out every detail possible.

I have a Delta1010 with MIDI in/out could i use that to send the stuff to the FCB or will i need to use something else?

Also, i've been looking at making a pedalboard...how would i go about powering all the FX i want to run. I have a plug with a slitter at the end and i can power like 3 or 4 but i might need to power 6-8 things. Also, i'm in the UK so i would need to get the parts from this country.

We talking effects pedals in the pedalboard yeah? First thing, DO NOT power all your effects off the same transformer. That's a sure way to get a very nice groundloop going on. You want to find a power supply that has separate transformers per output (only one i can think of is voodoo labs pedal power). Although best way is to make one. If you look at generalguitargadgets.com there is a plan for one on there. I'm making one at the mo for my pedals (cept mine are going in my rack... but same diff). Got a load of small transformers from RS each putting out 233mA. Works loverly :D

You can also power the FCB1010 by 9v if you don't mind modding it. Theres loads of guides on the net just google it.

S