#5 In Progress.

PTModIT

100_3240.jpgHello, I'am back with another one .The yellowish colour on the front is masking tape protecting the aluminum pieces.Waiting for the good weather to paint.Haven't decided on the LARGE horn yet . Might try a piece of aluminum in the same shape. or a piece of acrylic then add some LED lites.Comments always welcome. Thanks , Mark.

The upper horn could probably use some reshaping to get it to match the lower horn a tad better. Are those aluminum plates the only thing holding the wings onto the body? What are your plans for the headstock?

In all, a wild design... and I like how one doesn't really need a stand for it, either!

The upper horn could probably use some reshaping to get it to match the lower horn a tad better. Are those aluminum plates the only thing holding the wings onto the body? What are your plans for the headstock?

In all, a wild design... and I like how one doesn't really need a stand for it, either!

Hello, Thanks for the reply. I have some other designs for the top horn. Yes the plates hold the 2 side pods. The same plates are on the back also . But the top plates will hold by themselves if I want to save weight.As for the headstock you will have to wait and see.Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Update. Hello,Here are 2 pics of the front and back.Hope to paint soon

Comments welcome.Thanks.

Ok, honestly, I don't like it. Not because I don't like pointy guitars, but because the design just doesn't flow, it's like a hodge-podge of thrown together bits. for example, the smooth rounded off circle at the bottom of the centre section just doesn't fit the design - take it to a point and it might fit better. The two side wings don't look right being flat at the bottom. And the upper horn - make it's shape fit the other curves of the guitar. It would look more cohesive if you followed the same theme (i.e. the curves and points of the majority of the guitar used on the whole thing)

I'd also either get chromed plate instead of aluminium, or change the bridge to aluminium, because the two together seem to clash to my eyes.

I like the general concept with the separate pods, just the design as a whole doesn't come together for me, it needs a bit more work to make it match. I'll have a play with photoshop later to show what I mean by the changes.

• 1 month later...

I really like the idea behind the build. Spiky tribal, a bit of Gothic, and metal plates to top it all off! It's really adventurous. The only two things that bug me about it is the flat butt of the guitar. With such an interesting shape all-around, I think that making the butt of the guitar flat doesn't do the rest of the design justice.

Nobody likes a flat butt :D Sorry, I had to.

The other thing is the straight lines parallel to the neck, they turn the body into something of an H shape. I feel like those lines compromise the structural integrity of the body.

Otherwise, I kinda like it :D I think it'd be cool to see an Esp F-Series done in the same fashion. Sharpen up the curves and metal plate it \m/