Fingerboard Shiny?

I have a question about making fingerboards shiny. I've seen some high end guitars that have a slick, shiny surface on the fretboard itself. The particular model this had was the Mark Morton signature Jackson. I've tried both lemon oil and guitar polish on my rosewood fretboard and I can't get this effect. I really liked how slick it felt, so I'm trying to achieve that. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Brian has a tutorial on the main page were he gets that efect without oil!. Sand it using finer and finer grit up to 2000 grit. Then you might add some oil. All of this off cause before you install the frets

I put teak oil on my necks/fingerboards. Put some on a rag, rub on, let soak for a minute or two, wipe off, leave to dry...repeat if needed. It leaves the board feeling smooth but natural & looks satin with one coat, shinier with more. I stuck some on a neck a few years ago because I found some in my shed & I really like the feel of it.

Ebony is going to shine up better than rosewood regardless. But, you could try what others have suggested... sand up to 2000 grit and use a little oil. If that doesn't do it for you, you might try some micromesh sandpaper. It goes all the way to 12000 grit, and supposedly leaves a very nice polish.