My explorer is finally done!!!

See it here

Hi All,

Well after 3 + years of working on this guitar it's done. I designed the neck-thru construction with he v headstock and explorer body. Ed Roman did the rough cut and I finish shaped, finish sanded, routed the control cavity, installed the electronics and sprayed it with lacquer. It has a SD pearly gate in the neck and a dimebucker in the bridge. 2 tone and 2 volume with a 5 way rotary switch for a pick-up selector. It's made from black limba, korina with a rosewood fret board and medium frets. So I didn't do everything myself but it has given me enough ideas and experince to build my next project.

Sam

Edited by Brian

See it here

Hi All,

Well after 3 + years of working on this guitar it's done. I designed the neck-thru construction with he v headstock and explorer body. Ed Roman did the rough cut and I finish shaped, finish sanded, routed the control cavity, installed the electronics and sprayed it with lacquer. It has a SD pearly gate in the neck and a dimebucker in the bridge. 2 tone and 2 volume with a 5 way rotary switch for a pick-up selector. It's made from black limba, korina with a rosewood fret board and medium frets. So I didn't do everything myself but it has given me enough ideas and experince to build my next project.

Sam

3+ Years! You have the patience of a saint.

You have a great looking guitar to show for it to. I love the Explorer shape. :D

hello

nice axe dude. i would love to have a guitar made from african limba. the problem is that it's expensive and hard to get in a size big enough to make a guitar body from.

just a few questions though:

was obtaining the limba hard?

or does Ed have tons of it and you just git it from him? <--- what? that's not a joke, that's his fav wood.

hey pushead, it is 24 frets, i counted it.

Page.

It's a 24 fret full 2 octave neck. Ed had a whole bunch of black korina laying around and this was made before quicksilver guitars came out so he wasn't that busy. He said it would take 9 months to glue, assemble and rough cut, well it took him 9 months on the dot. I've heard lately that his time schedule is up to 2 years these days.