Cheap Pickups

I looked around for a while but in the end the cheapest and supposedly best for price pickups still came from guitarfetish. And thats including the shipping. I haven't put them on my strat yet though.

Edited by Jaam

I handwind custom pickups for reosonable prices. It is still not a full time job so I try to get them out there for as low price as possible to make a name for myself. I do most types of pickups and my standard prices include custom adaptations. PM me if interested.

Nothing about the pickups there yet but have a look here:

www.peternaglitschluthier.com

Would you consider swapping a couple of your pups (2 coil tapped HB's) for around 100 or so Fender pole pieces? I'd pay for the postage and the difference in cost. (depending on how much the difference is - got a wedding to pay for in what is now 25 days :D )

Edited by ToneMonkey

i was wondering where i could get cheap but good for price pickups in europe

thank you :D

For price/money I don't think you can actually beat the blowout deals that guitarfetish have right now. A full set of strat pickups for 18 bucks...I mean come on

Plus 62 bucks for shipping to Europe...

100 or so Fender pole pieces

Thanks but that is a bit more than I need right now. I have a stash of magnets/pole pieces that should last the rest of the year with the current amount of work. But I can make you a sweet deal for a pair of HBs, coil cutting, non-adjustable pole pieces (the remains when winding this and his brother). I know it’s not the same thing but it is the closest thing I can do for you

PM me if you are interested

BTW Is it you that is getting married? If so: congrats man!

Edited by SwedishLuthier

Peter,

Sorry dude, can't PM. They haven't worked for about 8 months now and Brian can't find what's wrong with them.

What are pups like? Output - magnets etc and what sort of music do you think they'd be good for? I'm after something blusey to go in a mahogany Partick Eggle Berlin (essentially a nicer PRS than a PRS).

Yeah man, it's me that's getting married. We'd both been fairly laid back about it until the missus put on "Weddings from hell" when we got back from the pup last night. All of a sudden it kind of hit home to both of us that it's only 3 weeks away. Obviously I'll have to wait for a while after the wedding before I could afford them, but I'm very interested.

BTW - 2 days after the wedding my folks are catching the ferry over to Holland (with their bicycles) and then turning left and heading north until they get to the top of Finnmark. If you see a couple of hippies on bikes, say hello. :D

Try axesrus, I'm not sure about shipping outside the UK but they're cheap & helpful.

10 pounds for shipping to Sweden for a pair of Gretsch look-alike HB covers. Actually the ones in my previous post…

well actualy i was thinkin of humbuckers :D

I have got your PM. I’ll answer you in a few days. I’m heading out of town for the weekend.

Peter,

Sorry dude, can't PM. They haven't worked for about 8 months now and Brian can't find what's wrong with them.

What are pups like? Output - magnets etc and what sort of music do you think they'd be good for? I'm after something blusey to go in a mahogany Partick Eggle Berlin (essentially a nicer PRS than a PRS).

I have your E-mail from the blues tribute thing. I’ll send you a mail in a day or two. The sound can be anything from traditional PAF to Über-hot. We discuss the sound and then I wind something that (hopefully) fit your taste. The slug pole pieces will probably (I say probably because I haven’t done it but I have discussed it with some other winders) emphases the low-to-mid part of the treble. Something resembling the effect aged magnets has on the sound.

Yeah man, it's me that's getting married. We'd both been fairly laid back about it until the missus put on "Weddings from hell" when we got back from the pup last night. All of a sudden it kind of hit home to both of us that it's only 3 weeks away. Obviously I'll have to wait for a while after the wedding before I could afford them, but I'm very interested.

Aaaah, weddings. I can remember my own wedding like it was…9 years ago TOMORROW!!!! And I haven’t got the wife anything yet. Man I’m in big trouble.

i was wondering where i could get cheap but good for price pickups in europe

thank you :D

hello i have the answer! Im an import\export business man , and i import the Great Malagoli Pickups hand wind in Brazil!

their website is www.malagoli.com.br in europe the site is being constructed and is www.malagolieurope.com, you can download the catalog with prices here so you can have a look. Download

best regards

Where are you getting those numbers? I see a 50 dollar shipping charge for 10 sets of strat pickups.

I started to place an order for one set of the s k blowout strat pickups and 62 was te amounth th was showed in the order form...

Edited by SwedishLuthier

100 or so Fender pole pieces

Thanks but that is a bit more than I need right now. I have a stash of magnets/pole pieces that should last the rest of the year with the current amount of work. But I can make you a sweet deal for a pair of HBs, coil cutting, non-adjustable pole pieces (the remains when winding this and his brother). I know it’s not the same thing but it is the closest thing I can do for you

PM me if you are interested

BTW Is it you that is getting married? If so: congrats man!

62 bucks? Must be something wrong with the system... What shipping did you select btw?

Don't relly remember. It was a few days ago. I probably selected the fastest and safest way (DHL or similar). I have lost things during shipping one time to much to trust US post

Don't relly remember. It was a few days ago. I probably selected the fastest and safest way (DHL or similar). I have lost things during shipping one time to much to trust US post

I've had nothing but good experience with the shipping from GuitarFetish (Dom skrev ner värdet så ja slapp tull me..) Always arrived in 3 days pretty much.

OK. Thats good to know