Aftermarket Pickups?

Briscriggs

Does anyone know of a really good after market pickup that compares to those of a good name brand pickup. It seems to me that pickups are really expensive,isn't their any overseas company with lower over head lower labour rates that could pump out a pickup with the same quality? It seems a lot of pickups are over price simply because of their names .Thanks

Does anyone know of a really good after market pickup that compares to those of a good name brand pickup. It seems to me that pickups are really expensive,isn't their any overseas company with lower over head lower labour rates that could pump out a pickup with the same quality? It seems a lot of pickups are over price simply because of their names .Thanks

Check out Tonerider pickups. One of the members here (rjhalsey) is a dealer. He'll treat you right. :D

Yeah, because who wants to support people earning a living wage and other benefits? :D

Check out Tonerider pickups. One of the members here (rjhalsey) is a dealer. He'll treat you right. :D

I sure will. I have to say that Tonerider pickups will hold their own with the best of them. I have an add in the the classified section or send me an email.

Cheers,

Ralphie

I'm certainly not a fan of crippling our workforce by moving all of our labor to other countries, but I do agree that pickups can be extremely pricey. I mean $100 for a *single* pickup? Maybe it is just me, but that is just too much. As for the Tonerider's, I've read of quite a few people replacing their Lollar's and Fralin's with them. They're not as popular as GFS pickups yet, but they've received virtually universal praise from those who have used them.

CMA

I'm certainly not a fan of crippling our workforce by moving all of our labor to other countries, but I do agree that pickups can be extremely pricey. I mean $100 for a *single* pickup? Maybe it is just me, but that is just too much. As for the Tonerider's, I've read of quite a few people replacing their Lollar's and Fralin's with them. They're not as popular as GFS pickups yet, but they've received virtually universal praise from those who have used them.

CMA

I build guitars, and I try to give someone the best guitar for the money. I was having a hard time finding a decent set of pickups that were worth anything below the 100 dollar mark. I ran across a few testimonials from some players in Canada and Italy and thought that sounds like a decent pickup. I ordered a few sets from the Canadian dealer and gave them a try. I was literately shock at the tone that these pickups put out. I then set out to become a dealer. Guys! Give them a try, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Ralphie

Edited by rjhalsey

hii guys these pups are not cheap they cost almost like dender and seymor duncan i have heard the sound clpis of the tonerider and dor me they are way far from the duncan

set for a set and they cost the same . tonerider are nice but not for this price

I do not think so. A strat set can be had for 85.00 shipped. Try that with a set of Fenders and SD's.

What's a bug brand pup?

:D

The ToneRider pickups are definitely inexpensive for what I perceive to be high quality... can't say I've tried them myself, but going by the description they're every bit as good or better than a lot of aftermarket pickups.

$130 compared to $85 is substantial.... are you saying it's NOT?

Greg

i have bought a set of duncans in ebay alnco pro2 for strat and the hole deal cost me 140 $ including the shipping . and its a bug brand pups so the tone rider is not cheap and fenfer pups cost even less then 130 $

Do you own a set of Toneriders? If so which set? These pickups are made with quality parts. Alnico magnets, wire, bobbins, hook up wire. Thats why I sell them.

I have had the opportunity to talk with Andrew Cunningham GM of Tonerider and their goal is to make the best pickup that any working musician can afford. They are quality built with top of the line parts most manufactured right in their plant. I think they have done it and I love these pickups. I have started to use them exclusively in my own branded guitars (RH Factor Guitars). That is how confident I am in the quality of these pickups.

If you are interested in purchasing a set of these pickups, shoot me an email. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Ralph