Refinishing A Strat

Hello everyone!

After many reading on the forums, I finally decided to refinish my strat. Before, it was a plain violet finish, but unfortunatelly (or not) it cracked, and seemed like a plastic coat as I took it off the body. Pretty strange, dunno if that's normal B)

Anyway, here are some pics of the body: as far as I know, its made of cedar. Has a nice grain, but not to be compared to flamed maple :D

Body A

Body B

Body C

Body D

Now for the finishing project: it will be purple/violet, with white stripes and some japanese characteres. For everyone's sake, here's a pic, better than words :D

Refinish

For the purple areas, I'll apply some metal flakes also (not necessarily made from metal).

Here's something I think everyone will kick me for: as I have no access to spray guns, only rattle cans, the 'metal flakes' will be put by hand.. I know, I'll have trouble when sanding the clears, but I've tested and ended up pretty good :D

So, I'll be doing this refinishing along this week, and will be posting pics through the process, so it can, maybe, be useful for someone B)

Later!

Hi! Thanks for the feedback ^^

Yeah, I too was tired of the red/black/white colors always being used, but rare purple ones.

The upper-left one says 'serenity', the lower-left says 'passion' and the right-one says 'love'. :D

I'd rather have peacefull words on the body instead of war or violent ones. Not that I don't like, just to change for a bit :D

Today I'll stain it purple and *maybe* paint the white stripes B)

Later!

Edited by Tiida