# 3 Telecaster Deluxe

Ok.

So I've been building this guitar for the past couple of weeks while putting a finish on the second build.

Specs:

Maple Neck

Maple Fretboard

Medium/Medium fretwire

GraphTech nut

Ash body

Wilkinson Kluson-style tuners

Vintage style tremolo

GFS Split Humbuckers

It's bound in white both front and back and will be finished in black nitro.

IMG_2108.jpg

Lovely guitar Aidlook, as usual :D

What did you use to route the binding channel?

I used a straight bit with a bearing (on the bottom), and just changed the bearing to a smaller size. Luckily a smaller bearing from one of my other bits was just the rigt size.

Looks nice so far...like Greg I already like the vibe with the pickguard and choice of knobs.

But that sure is a stratty-looking headstock on there... :D

I can't really take credit for the choice of pickguard or knobs, since that's just the way the deluxes looked like.

The GFS split humbuckers are "standard" humbucker-size, and therefore somewhat smaller than the original Fender ones...

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Class.

Either natural or the black with white binding finishes appeal pretty much equally to me. The only thing I would consider is a contrasting pickguard with the black finish. Tortoiseshell or pearloid could give it even more wow factor. I love the Stratty headstock.

I must admit I loved it in natural, but for this build I actually planned everything in advance, every colour and every part. And I told myself I was gonna complete this build according to the original plan.

I LOVE it in black. If I ever build a tele - that's the look I'm going for. Reminds me of the old Mick Mars Kramer tele (without the floyd).

Again, looks great.

Class.

Either natural or the black with white binding finishes appeal pretty much equally to me. The only thing I would consider is a contrasting pickguard with the black finish. Tortoiseshell or pearloid could give it even more wow factor. I love the Stratty headstock.

Aidlook, that is a hot guitar. I likey very much.

Muzz, here is a black Tele with white/black/white binding I have been working on (seemingly forever). It has a a contrasting pickguard, not pearloid but white/black/white. You can see the different effect although mine doesn't have the hardware on. BTW, the hardware I have is all black and the pickups have black bobbin covers.

After seeing Aidlook's, I may have to experiment with different pickguard material! Black pearloid, maybe?

th_blacktele.jpg

Edited by johnsilver

Class.

It's a black/white/black pickguard with a 45 degree bevel. The idea was to keep it clean with just a white outline, looks great, I'm gonna try to snap some pic's with a better camera now that it's finished...sounds amazing btw:)

Muzz, here is a black Tele with white/black/white binding I have been working on (seemingly forever). It has a a contrasting pickguard, not pearloid but white/black/white. You can see the different effect although mine doesn't have the hardware on. BTW, the hardware I have is all black and the pickups have black bobbin covers.

After seeing Aidlook's, I may have to experiment with different pickguard material! Black pearloid, maybe?

Another gorgeous tele, I like the idea of the black pearloid John.

• 1 month later...
Ok finally got a decent photo of the finished guitar!

That isn't using the oven light, is it? :D

That is a much better pic. I've always liked teles. I own a couple and they just have a certain 'class' about them. Way back, when I first saw one, I hated the headstock. It just seemed kind of 'limp' compared to a strat. Now, however, I think they are great looking guitars. Of course, Roy Buchanan may have helped a little bit in forming my opinion.

Cheers.

Ok finally got a decent photo of the finished guitar!

That isn't using the oven light, is it? :D

That is a much better pic. I've always liked teles. I own a couple and they just have a certain 'class' about them. Way back, when I first saw one, I hated the headstock. It just seemed kind of 'limp' compared to a strat. Now, however, I think they are great looking guitars. Of course, Roy Buchanan may have helped a little bit in forming my opinion.

Cheers.

Actually the sam experience to me, hated the headstock at first but now I think they're awesome. Although since this is a DeLuxe it has a 70's strat headstock