Anyone Else Think This Looks Cool?

Frankly, looks pretty bad from over here. Hard to say how much of it is due to the poor photo, though. It's rather 'blobby' compared to how most people imagine a swirl. Looks almost like it's been sanded down, with different colours at different levels. But an unfinished sanding job, rather than an intentionally 'interesting' one.

Greg

Frankly, looks pretty bad from over here. Hard to say how much of it is due to the poor photo, though. It's rather 'blobby' compared to how most people imagine a swirl. Looks almost like it's been sanded down, with different colours at different levels. But an unfinished sanding job, rather than an intentionally 'interesting' one.

Greg

actually thats what it is. its sanded down thru different level of paint. i figured most wouldnt like it.

it looks bad because the guitar looks bad - i think if that was done on a well built guitar it could look half-way towards decent.

i wouldnt call it a swirl because, well quite frankly as a swirl its a rubbish one!

If you squint hard there is almost an oil puddle effect going on

definately more practice needed but the idea is an interesting one

it looks bad because the guitar looks bad - i think if that was done on a well built guitar it could look half-way towards decent.

i wouldnt call it a swirl because, well quite frankly as a swirl its a rubbish one!

If you squint hard there is almost an oil puddle effect going on

definately more practice needed but the idea is an interesting one

well i dont think you guys are getting it. i diddnt try to make a cool looking paint job. i was just refinishing it and it had been left outside so the wood is a bit uneven, so when i sanded, it sanded unevenly. i diddnt do this purposely, i just thought it looked cool in the process. its already primered up now. but once again, i wasnt trying to do a swirl, i was just using swirl as a reference