If I may suggest Paltalk for that. It's free (ad-supported) and has numerous cool options, we can set up our private room with password or leave it public and I already have quite a bunch of people from Guitarwar.com on my list. definitely cool as a starting point because it's free, easy to configure (mostly) and I already have it installed ;-)

If we really want to have an on-site chat there's this company called IVocalize who offer such a service, but their server software is not for free and requires the host to run a windows operating system (don't know the hardware that PG.com is hosted on). We have IVocalize on guitarwar.com, but it has numerous drawbacks, notably it has issues with high-end recording audio cards and the number of ppl in a room is limited (want more people, buy more "seats"). GW has installed this software upon numerous requests from members all over the world, and since the site is supported by monthly fees, the one-time investment of the server software was possible, but for a start I'd truly recommend Paltalk

so long

ace

paltalk eh??? neverheard of it eh??? guitarwar.com eh??? ace... hmm... i don't think we ever wared.... (Skidog, Zero) but i haven't been a member for quite a while.... been working on my sweeping for the past year, i'll knock jonezter off his mountain yet!!! lol

Ohhhhhh, of course...that's why you looked familiar on the pic in your profile. Yeah I'm working on my sweeping, too but I need to work on all ends. I'm back to guitar classes with an accomplished teacher, I just practiced with too little direction and in some way I still need to be told what to do ;-)

So perhaps we should have a thread that will catch more people's attention for the chat thing?? I'm going to whip out some instructions for paltalk for those of you who never tried it yet if that's called for...

so long

ace