automatic guitar tabbing

krazyderek

ok if this doesn't exist i also claim this as patent pending :D

Is there a system that uses something like the Roland guitar pickup and a PC based program that tabs automatically as you play? even if you had to slow the song down to allow for tracking it would still be great on complicated solo's and stuff like that, i've just always hated tabbing by hand seems like such a waste of time

so anyone know of something??

I agree with you, but really, you'd have to play the song perfectly, or you'd have to perform massive editing, which could take longer than normal... I do wish there was a faster way. Power tab is nice, but it's still a pain in the ass.

free tabbing program, just look it up on google, it's pretty good as is has a midi player that can play the tab so you can play along with it, you can export to html files which also become a .txt file easily..

Well, with a GK2 you could play into a midi sequencer like cubasis or whatever and then have your midi track converted to tab, doesn't Powertb let you import a midi file and set the fingerings automatically...

But as far as I'm informed there is no direct software that generates tab from the GK2A output although that would be pretty simple, you'd just have to send an additional message with every note played that contains the info what string the note was played on. Of course, you'd have to denote tapping and stuff manually but I think basically it should ot be too much of a problem.

so long

ace

oh yeah, i saw the being reviewed in guitar buyer, but i didn't see any thing bout tabbing?

sibelius is used by lazy composers who can't be bothered to score their music so they use a midi keyboard and then it converts it to noted music but it also works through a microphone

think its quite expensive though