Northern Grainfiller

i dont ever grain fill ,usually epoxy or or spot fill really bad peces or just fill with finish; but i think i should start, for more effects on ash; the only problem is i dont see anyone around here selling grain filler; and lmii stewmac and countless american companies have exactly what im looking for and cant send them across the border;

i live 20 mins from exotic woods and lee valley and neither of them have anything that isnt a waterbased paste filler (basically for puttying up finished wood) they are as specialty of project shops as we get around here;

countless searches turn up nothing unless i order gallons of it and pay the 'danger' costs; but im not gonna do that;

any help would be gggrrreeat!

i dont ever grain fill ,usually epoxy or or spot fill really bad peces or just fill with finish; but i think i should start, for more effects on ash; the only problem is i dont see anyone around here selling grain filler; and lmii stewmac and countless american companies have exactly what im looking for and cant send them across the border;

i live 20 mins from exotic woods and lee valley and neither of them have anything that isnt a waterbased paste filler (basically for puttying up finished wood) they are as specialty of project shops as we get around here;

countless searches turn up nothing unless i order gallons of it and pay the 'danger' costs; but im not gonna do that;

any help would be gggrrreeat!

You might try something like what's recommended here: http://www.ubeaut.com.au/ubhome.htm

Click on 'White Shellac'

The talc & shellac should be available everywhere.

Cheers, RobSm

This or this.

Sorry, but after seeing the thread title, I really couldn't help myself B):DB)

The first one would most likely be easier to work with, and you can even tint it and do a stain'n'sand!

OK, I'm going to run away before I get wrath'd upon...

:D:D