22 to 24 frets ?

I have a stock ibanez grx20l .. its 22 frets, bolt on neck ... been thinking about going crazy on it with like a locking tremolo,new pickups (emg's) :D

and if posilbe a 24 fret neck ..is it possible to take off the 22fret and bolt up a 24 fret ? i mean its only 2 more frets .. B) and if so does anyone know where to look for a 24fret bolt on replacement online so far carvin and warmouth dont have them thanks for your time

i realy like the site its killer been drooling over the ideas of mods for days lol

chuck :D

the thing to remember is that the scale length must remain the same...if you ad a stock ibanez 24 fret neck,it will change that distance.but some places make custom necks which run the fretboard past the neck at the body.or you could take your neck...remove the fretboard,and replace it with a 24 fret board,extending it past the neck at the body.there is a tutorial on the main site about removing the fretboard

Hmm... I just looked up the Ibanez model you have. Some things to concider, the Warmoth's price with a 24 fret neck will be as much, if not more, than a new GRX20 ($159.99 at musiciansfriend.com.) Factor in the work needed to move the neck pickup, maybe a new pickguard, maybe new tuners, etc. I think it'd be fun and you'd gain some cool experience with the swap but you'll have to decide if the guitar is worth upgrading. If the guitar held some sentimental value, I'd do it in a heartbeat... otherwise, I'd be reluctant.

yeah :| ...sigh well it seems like alot of work to upgrade it but grrr i need somethign more better B)) i wonder if anyone has a set of demensions for a Jackson Randy Rhoads body :D) that would be fun and i could have everythign i wanted ...

neckthru body etc ... :D

the kits from warmoth, rr body and bolton neck($332.00) is so close to jacksons price ($439.00 complete guitar)i could just buy a jackson :D) but im a lefty so i would be playing it all foobared .. you probly dint look up the L at the end of grx20l that i typed above ...eh anyways yeah i mean two wings wouldnt be hard to cut out and a 24 fret neckthru would rock ... well i guess its more trouble than its worth

to mess w/ my ibanez... cost prohibative and all

chuck

yeah :| ...sigh well it seems like alot of work to upgrade it but grrr i need somethign more better :D) i wonder if anyone has a set of demensions  for a Jackson Randy Rhoads body :D) that would be fun and i could have everythign i wanted ...

neckthru body etc ...  :D 

the kits from warmoth, rr body and bolton neck($332.00) is so close to jacksons price  ($439.00 complete guitar)i could just buy a jackson :D)  but im a lefty so i would be playing it all foobared .. you probly dint look up the L at the end of grx20l that i typed above ...eh anyways  yeah i mean two wings wouldnt be hard to cut out and a 24 fret neckthru would rock ... well i guess its more trouble than its worth

to mess w/ my ibanez... cost prohibative and all

chuck

Actually I did see the "L" at the end of what typed... sadly that just makes the cost of hardware worse B). I didn't mean to disparage your proposed project (I apologize if it seemed that way) but you've got the right idea. After accruing all the necessary parts for the swap, it'd only be a little more ($45) to buy a body blank and build a whole new other guitar. As for the $439.00 Jackson, I'm sure it's a great guitar for it's price tag, but one that you build with the Warmoth, etc. parts will be THAT much better and it'd be all your own B).

yeah the jackson RR wouldnt be a lefty and no i wasnt offened at you B) im just sleepy lol so if i seem like im being "short" thats probly why

yeah i mean i could get some body blanks for like 50.00 mahogany and then just order a 24 fret neckthru desighn and go from there i would be alot more proud of it then anyway. Besides the fact that a RR v is what i want

but i got no idea of the demensions of a RR v type guitar and no where around here has one i could just pop-in and measure :D

well i guess i could blow up a pic in paintshop or soemthing and print it out lifesize

cuz the price of upgrading the ibanez i got i could just sell it and rock out on my strat till i got the V together :D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Bear in mind that if you took the old fingerboard off, got a 24 3/4" scale 24 fret board here,you could put it on there and only have to move the nut and bridge a bit. A little more worl, but for $15 to $28.50, it could be worth it.