Favorite Pickup Combinations?

El Dangerouso

For me, at least at the moment, I'm prefering hum-hum:

Bridge: Dimarzio Tone Zone

Neck: Dimarzio Air Norton

Master volume, tone with treble bleed, three way blade with blend knob in middle position

I'd love to hear other folks flavors of the month/year. Let the games begin!

H-H: Bill Lawrence L500XL (or Duncan Dimebucker) in bridge, Duncan JB in the neck, 1 Meg Volume pots... Screams like no tomorrow. Gotta have coil taps for the cleans though, otherwise, these pickups are way too hot... This is the most fascinating passive combo I've had for hard rock and metal, you also get great bright lead tone from having a phase switch on there and putting them out of phase.

H-S-S: Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, Bill Lawrence L298 middle and Bill Lawrence L280 Neck. I use this with 500k pots for volume and tone and a DPDT on-on-on for series-split-parallel for the SD, then a separate switch to turn on the neck PU to get any combo. This is the most versatile HSS setup I've ever come across, its perfect from country spank and soulful blues to raunchy funk to crunchy rock and raging molten infernos of metal.

i'm a HH kinda guy. I mostly use Bare Knuckle Pickups. My main guitar is actually HSS and has a BKP crawler (british blues rock) in the bridge and slow hand (have a guess!!) single coils.

just recieved two more sets. The first is a mule bridge humbucker(classic Paf - slightly hotter) and manhattan humbucker sized p-90(slighty underwound compared to P-90). I was aiming for something pretty classic with this set

the second set is a pair of miracle man humbuckers. these are passive pickups based on the tone Zakk Wylde gets from EMG's. I have had them in nickel covers which have been distressed and then aged - not to look authentically old or owt, just because it seemed cool :D

havnt tried warpigs yet but they are on the wish list!!