How Does This Work?

It is designed to swing over a belt sander to put a radius on a piece of wood.

A belt sander goes sanding-side-up below the swinging arms. The workpiece is attached between the swinging arms, and moved over the belt.

[Edit: I built one for use with a router for around $15... works just as well but won't do a compound radius. It's posted here somewhere, as well as a few others people have built.]

Edited by Rick500

Seems a bit... er... overpriced!

I think if you are doing guitar work for a living the price seems cheap to me. Just the belt sander alone is worth the package. Not noted is you need the belt sander it bolts onto. So your talking $900+ dollars the link is just an add on, it will not fit a smaller belt sander like a 6 x 48.

Before I built my router jig, I started designing a swinging-arm-over-inverted-belt-sander type thing, but I decided in the end that I wouldn't be able to build it out of wood and make it even close to accurate enough (although I've gone back to tinkering with my design and I think I see how it could be done now)... so I built the router version instead.

The router jig has worked flawlessly, so unless I decide I need one that's adjustable, I probably won't ever build one for the sander.

It's a simple enough idea. I'll bet that there's a DIY version that could be made. Perhaps not as adjustable, but something simple for reproducing the same radius over and over.

LMII used to have plans for building that same exact jig out of wood. Grizzly didn't invent anything here, they just made a pro version of it.

It's a simple enough idea. I'll bet that there's a DIY version that could be made. Perhaps not as adjustable, but something simple for reproducing the same radius over and over.

LMII used to have plans for building that same exact jig out of wood. Grizzly didn't invent anything here, they just made a pro version of it.

Here's my link to the one I made for a router table. will also do compound radius. Have not finished part two of the Cradle assembly but you can look at the prototype pics and see how it works and is made.

Mike

Link to Router Radius jig