Want To Start To Learn The Drums...

Thoughtless 7

I was reading the other day about drum pads/silencer that seriously reduce the amount of noise. They also have the proper rebound etc so they feel the same. You just put them on top of the skins.

Yea, my drum set has those silencing pads and they work great. The only trouble is that the symbols still make noise.

This was quite good timing, I've just been speaking to a guy at work who plays the drums. He's just moved in to a terraced house so is looking at getting an electronic drum kit and selling off his other one (he says that even with pads, it still makes too much noise).

He's off to play with the Roland HD1 & Yamaha DTX this weekend, so I'll let you know how they go.

I've tried lot's of electronic kits...Unfortunately the thumb rule is pricey=good.

Cheap drums just don't feel 'right' most of the time (mainly due to the rubber pads instead of mesh heads).

But It's also about the computer itself.

I've tried the Roland t-3..wich are good, and has a mesh head snare.

The step up is the td-6 wich I actually liked a lot, and has the better computer (more sounds etc).

I didn't care much for the yamaha dtx-series, and I've played a few of those kits.

But since this is a builder's forum I'm recommending you to build your own kit.

I've been thinking about that a lot and read up on it, but the problem being my apartement's to small to house anything more..