Mesa/boogie Amps

carlosnelson

Now that my guitar is almost done, I want to get a better amp to replace my Fender Automatic Se solid state amp. I was gonna go with a Marshall Half Stack(MG100HDFX-MG412A Cab) but it's not a tube amp & reviews were somewhat poor. However I thought about Mesa/Boogie models Lonestar, Lonestar Classic, & the Heartbreaker but don't know the difference between the 3 or prices for that matter, need info. Thanks In Advance!

Do NOT get one of the MG_DFX amps. I have a 30-watt combo, and I can't handle the artificiality in the distortion. I'm not against solid-state or digital (I'm a big fan of amp modeling a la Line6, etc), but the MG has a resonant peak in just the wrong area that produces this weird artifact that I can never get past. And the way it handles the FX is so limited that there might as well not be any effects on board at all.

Sorry, I have no counter-recommendations to make, but I really think you're better off with almost anything other than the MG.

i have a marshall mg 30dfx solid state, i liked it at first but now it makes me cry when i turn it up a little (tears of shame). If you're on a budget definitely a Carvin or if you're in a really tight budget you could get one of those Roland cubes. They have a really nice tone and powerful for a solid state. It's also a modeling amp. They may not look like much but they're actually pretty good. I've had bad experiences with Peaveys in the past

• 3 weeks later...