New Baritone Slightly Pointy Guitar

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turned out really cool I'd say! How does it play/sound?

thanks!

it sounds and plays great! i will be holding onto this one for many reasons. this is the only one like this out there (even thought it resembles the esp F model) and it fits me perfect, as it should, becuase i designed it around me completley. thanks again! i might throw a youtube vid out here for all to see.

Sounds pretty good!

You should do an extended scale (26.5"-27.5") 7 string, especially if you love extended range. Personally, I use my 7 a lot more than any of my 6es right now, it's really fun to play, and the extended scale gives you some real snap on the low B.

thanks. i really dont play down tuned as much is i thought. at least not anymore. so it really doesnt seem very practical for me. and another reason i dont like them anymore is that i have a really small frame, i have really short arms. so playing an extended scale guitar feels like a bass to me.

Sounds pretty good!

You should do an extended scale (26.5"-27.5") 7 string, especially if you love extended range. Personally, I use my 7 a lot more than any of my 6es right now, it's really fun to play, and the extended scale gives you some real snap on the low B.

thanks. i really dont play down tuned as much is i thought. at least not anymore. so it really doesnt seem very practical for me. and another reason i dont like them anymore is that i have a really small frame, i have really short arms. so playing an extended scale guitar feels like a bass to me.

I'm 5'8 with very short pinkies, but I didn't even notice that my 26.5" scale Schecter 7 string wasn't 25.5". It's worth a shot, certainly! At the very least, you can sell the parts on sevenstring.org.

here is a much much much better recording! i finally got an adaptor for a mic. so now i can record into the mic, instead of the built in one. check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5srCEOnS6Pc

Let me know if it sounds good or at least better. please, i want to know!

Edited by killemall8

i think the second one sounds better, the 1st had to much reverb for me, both had to much gain and not enough mids for my liking (my metal days finished when highschool did)

i was quite surprised by the first clip, (please don't be offended) i had never seen someone alt pick as fast you did yet couldn't play enter sandman in time.

but now you have the resources to listen back to your playing i'd expect that to get better :D i'd suggest buying a metronome and working on your ear.

keep rocking dude :D

I'm a guitar tutor and have a reflex to point out playing weaknesses (even if the players better than me!) but I'm going to hold back for now as i assume this is more about demonstrating the guitar you built than looking for playing advice, but if you do want some more advice let me know :D

:D