I have had the best luck with FedX residential in terms of price, speed and reliability. If anything goes international, the ONLY option to me is USPS, that said they dropped the $2lb. (bargain) slow boat surface shipping and now you get to pay $4 lb. air as a minimum option (international is just darned expensive).

I suspect a lot of problems are reginal or because of a newer employee with most of the handlers. For the most part they do a darned good job when you think about how much they move.

Peace,Rich

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and UPS will report them all as "delivered".

I guess that depends.The old UPS driver(the one who was aways very good) once asked me to inspect a package before he left.He would not say why,but I suspect it was a wreck or something similar...the box was bruised,but the contents were okay.It was nice of him to look out for me though.He said if it was damaged I could just give it back to him and he would take care of all the legwork.Nice guy.I wish he was still on that rout.

But I guess my point about the wreck was only that it was a very "human" moment...it reminded me that over all they do the best they can I think,aside from the occassional idiot who can't find my clearly labeled house.

Just sent my son in Alaska his birthday card, with cash in it ,it's been over two weeks and still has not received it.Regular snail mail.So just goes to show ,it's a risk no matter who you use.They will get a complaint soon,and I hope someone is caught.Alaska is real bad for not recieving your mail, or someone else getting it first.Sign of the times I guess. :D

Just sent my son in Alaska his birthday card, with cash in it ,it's been over two weeks and still has not received it.Regular snail mail.So just goes to show ,it's a risk no matter who you use.They will get a complaint soon,and I hope someone is caught.Alaska is real bad for not recieving your mail, or someone else getting it first.Sign of the times I guess. :D

Thats why you don't ever send cash in the mail :D

Only 1 bad experience with USPS. Sent a brand new laptop to a friend in Korea, military base thru the APO, and it made it to Korea and it got stolen at the APO... Can't believe this BS... my own people stole it at the military post office. But at least it was insured, took me about 3 months to get the money back.

Never had a problem with UPS, had 1 package from FedEx that took longer than the date it was suppose to be delivered.

Thats why you don't ever send cash in the mail :D

I know,but sometimes i just forget how people can be.To make matters worse...he works in a bank, so a check would have been fine.What ya gona do ,that's life.