Gold Bass Frets

thanks, but i guess i should have mentioned im in canada; :D

any place in the americas to get them;

thanx again

Lmii.com (LMI) I believe they ship to canada

+1

Just get the size you like.

They make the best fretwire going. Jescar

Gold frets don't have any gold in them nor any silver. They are more like a strange brass composition. Anyhooo, most of the places common to retail sales stock Jascar wire including LMII.

They are more like a strange brass composition.

Sure, if you want to call bronze a "strange brass composition".

15% Tin

1% Iron

.1% Titanium

And Copper making up the rest.

I'm also tired of 'bass frets'. It makes me think of someone years ago, who didn't even play guitar or bass (like an "engineer" working for Fender) , just taking it for granted that everything on a bass is supposed to be bigger. Well then, on a Fender, why not a bigger neck plate, neck mounting screws, nut width, t-rod adjusting nut ?

I consider the .038" high fret-wire I have to be the best wire for bass. There are players in the biz out there who like their bass frets even lower than that.

What's the "Ritter bass frets look more gold" based on ? Internet photos, or you saw it in person ?

I think if you were to totally nail the gold look (well, I don't think there's one certain Gold look), you would have to sacrifice durability.

When I work with gold fret-wire in my workshop, under fluorescent lighting, it often hardly looks gold. But I had a customer show me a photo of him on stage with a bass I put gold frets on, and they couldn't have looked more gold.

They are more like a strange brass composition.

Sure, if you want to call bronze a "strange brass composition".

15% Tin

1% Iron

.1% Titanium

And Copper making up the rest.

Well that's what I get for not being a learned metallurgist.... :D

-Doug

• 3 months later...

I just used some of the EVO "gold" from LMI last week for the first time: FW43080 .080" X .043 (2.03 X 1.09 mm). I prefer closer to a medium than a jumbo. Although this seemed a little too small for me. I love the color when it's polished up....We'll see how it wears I guess. :D

pic:

pt-pic2.jpg