Fretboard Extravaganza

erikbojerik

what measurements do you ned to do a multiscale... going to be starting another soon

will be a 6 string baritone going from 26.5" on the treble to 28" on the bass - just ebony i think

always after saving myself some time!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what measurements do you need to do a multiscale...

total nut width (including the 1/8" outside the outermost strings)

number of strings

inner & outer scales for the outside strings

bridge string spacing

which fret is the "perp" (perpendicular to the centerline)

Add $100 on top of the total on the order form for multiscale slotting.

Since multiscale boards require me to cut the taper anyway, it is really advantageous at that point to add wood binding if that floats your boat.

Wood binding starts at $35 (specify wood type...can be same as the board, or a different wood). Multilayer binding is an extra $10 per layer.

As soon as you get some of those black limba acoustic sets ready I'm ready to buy. Just reminding you that I'm here.

Yep....it'll be a couple of weeks yet.

No problem.

Although I might have just found another source for the acoustic sets, and I don't think I can afford to purchase any more electric blanks right now. We're pretty busy as it is and the funds are low if you know what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update....folks, the price of gabon ebony has almost doubled since I first posted the order form.

So, if you're thinking of ordering an ebony board and you have a copy of the original form, you'll need to account for the change in price. To figure this out, leave off slotting ("fretless") and radius ("flat") to get the price of the blank by itself....then double it. Slotting and radiusing are still only $10 each, it is the price of the lumber itself that has doubled.

I'm working on a new version of the order form as other prices have increased as well....but ebony is the only one I'll charge more for at this time, until further notice.