Help With Kl

hi to all, I am new here and I need help !

so, I decided to build up a ken lawrence and I found a suspicious blueprint (for me) and I need from you experts hear how correct is that blueprint.

here is it :

http://rapidshare.com/files/111305151/Ken_Lawrence.dwg.html

If, share of blueprint are not allowed on this forum, moderators delete the link !

And I wanted to know how hard is to build a neck-through body, many explorers (and other guitars) have a neck angle (etc. les paul) and how to make that on a neck-through neck ?!

This will be my first neck-through guitar. Before this I finished few stratocasters.

And for the end, sorry for bad english ! :D

:D

your link goes to a download page for software. neck thrus arn that much different. go to the solid body tutorials and refference section. it has a tutorial on how do to a neck angle on neck thrus.

Found it, thanks !

It goes to rapid share, and its .dwg format (for cad)...

just blueprint for kl, not a program.

• 1 month later...

so, I am going to buy a wood for it.

original neck and body is built of mahogany.

this guitar will be used for metal.

I want to ask is mahogany enough good wood for that kind of music, and I want to put on her a oil finish.

how all that will work ?

or differently asked question:

what is the best wood (and finish) for metal guitars ?

sorry on bad english !

honestly, you most likely arnt going to ever hear the difference between most woods. mahogany is a very popular choice, it will sound fine for any music. there isnt really a best finish and wood for metal. your amp and pickups will make a much much bigger difference.

honestly, you most likely arnt going to ever hear the difference between most woods. mahogany is a very popular choice, it will sound fine for any music. there isnt really a best finish and wood for metal. your amp and pickups will make a much much bigger difference.

Thanks !

Zeljac,

I came accross this blueprint in the download section of www.guitarbuild.com... they have blueprints of other explorer like guitars... so check it out...

You can check the accuracy of the blueprint (somewhat) by overlaying the blueprint on a picture of the orginal guitar (I use MS Visio for this, but I'm sure there are other programs for this), also check the fret-distance and the scale lenght with the original specifications...

I scanned it quickly, I think the lower point in the blueprint is longer then the original and the headstock is about 3/4 of it's original length... so IMO it's not accurate (I checked it against the Ken Lawrance Explorer of James Hetfield)

good luck with your build...

Grz Arjan

Edited by ArieBombarie

Zeljac,

I came accross this blueprint in the download section of www.guitarbuild.com... they have blueprints of other explorer like guitars... so check it out...

You can check the accuracy of the blueprint (somewhat) by overlaying the blueprint on a picture of the orginal guitar (I use MS Visio for this, but I'm sure there are other programs for this), also check the fret-distance and the scale lenght with the original specifications...

I scanned it quickly, I think the lower point in the blueprint is longer then the original and the headstock is about 3/4 of it's original length... so IMO it's not accurate (I checked it against the Ken Lawrance Explorer of James Hetfield)

good luck with your build...

Grz Arjan

yes, its downloaded from there.

but, my friend send me a new one (from gibson explorer), and blueprint looks great, and its accurate.

and I will just rebuilt a headstock to KL kind !

and set-neck simply deepen, to get a look like its neck-through.

and in that situation its much easyer to make a neck angle !

thanks to all !

and again sorry for my not so well english !

• 2 weeks later...

Here are just two of the many pictures I found in the past. One looks like the real thing and the other looks like their best try at one. Print them out until you get the right size. By the way, I found these by searching for "KL Explorer".

http://rockandroller.net/EXPLORER/pages/KL-orphan_019.htm http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Tony8...¤t=c52f2a0f.jpg

Jeff

but you have to download the program to get the file.

Nope. The download worked just fine for me. No need for special SW, but the DWG doesn't show anything at all.

Anyways, I do have a KL headstock drawing here: http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL912/43163...0/194325541.jpg

Edited by guitar2005