Versatile Guitar

I'm thinking of making a new guitar that is exactly what I want in a guitar.

The body shape will be like a jackson soloist body but i'm having a very hard time finding a body. I found a very nice one on warmoth Soloist body but its a bit out of my price range.

I would like a neck made out of the same material as the back of the body but I don't really mind. I would prefer to have a 24 fret rosewood fretboard.

I also what to have a HSH routing with 5 way switch, 1 volume and 1 tone.

I want a original floyd rose for the bridge.

The pickups will all be seymour duncan and there will be a JB trembucker is the bridge, a SSL-6 in the middle and a Jazz in the neck.

I really like this colour of guitar so I might paint it this colour

I was looking at buying this body as it looks amazing but I want it painted as well.

Does anyone know of a site that makes soloist,dinky etc type bodys and paints them aswell.

Cheers for the help guys

well, first of all, you wont be able to get that color/ look unless you have a figured maple cap on the body. and its not paint, its stained and then clear coated. if you wanted that flamed maple body, then why would you want to paint it? that would waste the great looking maple.

well, first of all, you wont be able to get that color/ look unless you have a figured maple cap on the body. and its not paint, its stained and then clear coated. if you wanted that flamed maple body, then why would you want to paint it? that would waste the great looking maple.

Bursts are a waste of flamed maple?

its stained and then clear coated.

i would say thats a spray job - not a stain - a pretty standard 3 tone sunburst if you take away the fancy maple

Which link? The Ibanez? Or the Warmoth? Or the other one?

I ask cos I thought they were all stained and clearcoated, but I want to learn more about this.

Thanks,

DJ

I really like this colour of guitar so I might paint it this colour

this one i think- if you tried direct staining on that you would get unpredictable results because of the through neck section. the only way to get an even burst on so many seperate pieces of wood is to spray it on

although looking at it again they could have done a stain black and sand back to hightlight the quilt - the maple in the neck section does look a little dirty.... still a normal burst for the colour sprayed over that and i think it would look better if they had just done a normal burst