New Fretboard Inlay

Very cool stuff! I always get a kick out of your "scene" inlays, they are just amazing. I truly wish my best friend played guitar cause I'd definitely contact you for a similar take on the Quail/Dog inlay. Wow, that was such a cool inlay and would suit my friend. I'm still trying to find a way to fit it into something else, maybe a gun stock? I'll figure it out one day. Anyhow great work, very cool. That board would have perfectly fit one of Draks southwestern teles, when he was on that kick. Best wishes Craig. J

Very cool stuff! I always get a kick out of your "scene" inlays, they are just amazing. I truly wish my best friend played guitar cause I'd definitely contact you for a similar take on the Quail/Dog inlay. Wow, that was such a cool inlay and would suit my friend. I'm still trying to find a way to fit it into something else, maybe a gun stock? I'll figure it out one day. Anyhow great work, very cool. That board would have perfectly fit one of Draks southwestern teles, when he was on that kick. Best wishes Craig. J

Thanks Craig. The tough part of this board was the 10" radius. I had to special design the inlay so I could layer the piece in more of a v shape. I did it without a single blow through, but it took some custom depth cutting to do it.

I like the "scene" inlays as well, though every time I see them, it just kills me that it's not on a fretless board :D

Yeah, I hear ya. I know that I do spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the best placement for all the parts. Sometimes the dang frets just fall in the worst possible places. Right through an eye, wiping out the tip of a horn. I had a case once were a fret ran right over the most complex part in the entire inlay. A bunch of little, hard to do pieces and nobody ever saw it. Oh well ... such is inlay. :D