Rosie The Tele

!WOOD!!

100_0232.jpg

This is one of a number of guitars that I have just completed

Rosie has a completely chambered maple body and a rosewood cap.Binding is walnut.

Neck is Canadian maple and rosewood fretboard.

I didn,t like the F hole so I filled it with some pickguard material and am satisfied with it now.

Bridge pu is a US Fender and the neck pu is a generic alnico but sounds not to bad.Tone is a little bright on the bridge but the neck seems to darken it up nicely.

This is a great player and has been my player for about 2 months now.Very happy with the outcome.

Thanks Rich

The Fhole is actually fake MOP and looks better in person.It is also not placed on top but flush with the top.

I truly wish I had never cut out the F hole but looked horrible before I filled it in.Lack of interior prep work was the culprit

Thanks Rich

I don't mind the F hole but it would have been neat to see something like using the same rosewood but cross graining it at an angle. So instead of the grain running with the body, in the F hole it would run at like a 45 degree angle. I think the F hole would still be pronounced but also blend in a little better. Otherwise, just replace it with a neon color and call up Paul Gilbert!

Man I am not sure who Paul Gilbert is but I am sure I won,t be taking the comparison as a compliment.

I like the idea of alternating grain rosewood.I am going to take a closer picture and see if it changes anyones mind .

I really like the contrast.

Rich

yeah, the paul gilbert thing was definately not an insult!! Just what i thought of when i saw the white f-hole

most of his guitars have fake f-holes. most of the time he does a dark f-hole on a light guitar but some have different colour combo's. His are usually on bodies painted a solid colour rather than great looking rosewood and he usually has one on the treble side as well with the controls hidden in the f-hole area