maple tops?

GM is right.

Larry Davis at Gallery Hardwoods is a really super-nice guy to deal with and his prices ARE below the competition.

I just saw a HUGE hunk of quilted Maple go by on e-Bay 2-3 days ago that was big enough to build several guitars. Opening bid? $55.00.

Not a single bidder. Went by like a ship in the night. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Notable Woods

I bought a SWEEEEEEEEET piece of burled claro walnut from them on ebay. There ebay ID is "notable-woods". I don't think the stuff they sell on ebay is there regular stuff though. What I like is the discounts you can get when buying sets.

Good links lex. Those dudes are cheap. Now if they only had pictures.......

They'de probably send you some. Bruce, the owner I guess, is a nice guy. I bet if you told him you were looking for something specific, like tight flames, he'd send you some pics, not sure tough.

just scored (I hope...still winning auctions) 2 tops from this dude for less than $20. And they're quilted! Good quilt! less than $20. Dude! That's cheaper than alder!

I emailed that guy a while back if he was willing to ship outside the US. I got a rude and very hard to read (grammar) reply back... what a dork...

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Um...holy crap! one will likely be a drop top, cuz after boockmathing, it'll be 1/4". But the other is bookmatched pieces 1 1/16"...that's 2 full tops.This is it, but please dont out bid me, I saw it first, and have exceeded my bidding limit...ebay wont let me re bid, or bid on more auctions till next week!

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

The 3/8" piece is awesome. The big piece is decent. For a taco burst...dark burst. I'm broke and the wife wont let me spend too much right now, so...here we go. Doin the best I can for really cheap.3/8

1c_1.JPG