Just Finished

PTModIT

I dig the idea, and I really dig the headstock, bit I'm not feeling the execution. The whole thing has one heckuva lot of potential, but it's not quite there yet. Don't take this as anything bad - just constructive criticism.

Either change the shape of the cutaway to make it bigger or eliminate it completely and move the neck up.

The f-holes need to be either painted black or not there at all.

This is just begging to be chambered or a semi-acoustic. That would help the f-hole thing as well.

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with a white paint job! That being said, between real violins & Paul McCartney's violin bass, people are used to seeing a violin with a natural or sunburst finish, so a solid color will always take some getting used to. The white & gold look very classy, however.

I always like trapeze tailpieces. From the pic, it looks like wood. It doesn't fit the flow very well. Perhaps a gold one would be better.

Again, not tearing it apart, but trying to point where I feel it could be better.

It can't be useless if it works.

Agreed.

Think about it; when you go up the board, you slide along it. You don't slap it from below.

Only one poster has the guitar in hand to verivy if the cutaway is big enough. The rest of us have no reason to contradict him because we can't give an honest testimony.

Let's be fair then...

From our standpoint, it doesn't look like it'd be big enough.

I'll even say that it probably doesn't look like it'd work because every cutaway we've ever seen or played has been a LOT bigger.

Now let's leave the cutaway alone as to whether it works or not. We don't know... period.

Please note as well that my original comments on the cutaway were based on looks alone, not functionality.

Edited by avengers63

I mirrored the guitar to help me wrap my mind around it. My brain is too feeble for this left handed stuff. 2901011140_40ffc7bd72.jpg

I dig the tailpiece, headstock, and recessed sides. I'd have to see the f-hole in person with shadows and whatnot. What if you painted the f holes matte-white?

The colors are good, but I think I'd rather see keystone tuner knobs and an ebony fretboard with gold evo fretwire. YUM!

I think I would have to see it being played to see about the cutaway. It adds an eccentricity that maybe some zappa could bring out.

Could you explain what is going on with the headstock? Is that a cover over classical style tuners?

Edited by Walmslap