I Can't Afford To Build It

Tim37

well i was bored so i started drawing and this is what i ended up with kind of a bastard between a strat and a tele

i am wanting to build it but funds are low and will be for the next few months i do have the EMG's i caught a kerry king set on sale and walked out of the store with them for under a buck fifty so that part is the only thing set in stone

56sstratocaster.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/Tim...tratocaster.jpg

Thanks for all the complents guys

This is nice. Let me know when you ready for some tele parts - not really advertising, but I have plenty of left overs... cheap.

Thanks i will keep you in mind i was planning on a gotoh bridge because it has the narrowest string spread but im open to ideas do you happen to know the maximum string spread for a emg 81 thats what i have for the bridge. iwas also looking at gf for the plate since im gonna have to put the pa 2 in it

NIce work! What did you design that with? (Software I mean)

thanks i drew it on Bentley Microstation XM

any drafters out there please cut me some slack i usualy draw in 2d

Cool computer work. But I don't like the pick guard. The bottom edge doesn't follow the control plate or the bridge. I think if you could tweak that I'd like it a lot more.

Best,

Todd

yeah im not too happy with that design but like Dpm99 said i got time to tweek on it.

just a little tip with your cad work, if i may?

I'd avoid microstation like the plague. It's very messy when you come to importing/exporting, particularly with 3d. I'd suggest sketchup pro, and use it with AutoCAD and 3dStudio Max. It's much easier to work with, and you can import/export between all 3 with ease. Also, there's a lot of photorealistic renderers out there for sketchup. I use those 3 religiously in Architecture, and for designing guitar concepts. I'd be happy to post examples, but it's just a tip, it is easier than microstation.

just a little tip with your cad work, if i may?

I'd avoid microstation like the plague. It's very messy when you come to importing/exporting, particularly with 3d. I'd suggest sketchup pro, and use it with AutoCAD and 3dStudio Max. It's much easier to work with, and you can import/export between all 3 with ease. Also, there's a lot of photorealistic renderers out there for sketchup. I use those 3 religiously in Architecture, and for designing guitar concepts. I'd be happy to post examples, but it's just a tip, it is easier than microstation.

oh i believe you i would love to work on autocad but im paid to stare at microstations for 40 hours a week i did all that in xm i seriously doupt i could have pulled that off in triforma