Ibanez Mtm1 Plan

Allan

Hey Allan, what Pro was getting at is that the MTM is just an Ibanez RG body with special modifications, mostly aesthetic. You really should have no trouble tracking down the plans you need, it's a very common shape.

Good luck, and of course make sure to put some pictures up when you get around to building it!

There are excellent detailed plans in the advanced users section on PG for download, otherwise just search on Google for "Ibanez RG DXF" to hunt for an AutoCAD drawing. If you've got the money to spunk, check www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com for everything you need, but postage will be the killer.

Sorry to come across blunt on that one....the MTM is an RG/JEM derivative, same as the SVs and SAs are derivatives of the S (my favourite shape). I believe the only difference is the reversed headstock?

Thanks for the responses. Your not being blunt at all Prostheta, its just me not reading up on things first. At least i'm more careful when I build guitars.

This may sound like a stupid questions but is it difficult to change it to a seven string.

BTW it will be a through neck when I build it.

Cheers

Allan

Project Guitar already has what you need. A PGM is an RG basically. Volume knob is moved and headstock reversed. A Jem is not that far from an RG either except for a monkey handle... You should be able to make the necessary adjustments from one of those models with ease.

Project Guitar DWG files