wes montgomery

The Nordic Gawd

not such a fan of the smooth jazz stuff , but yeah i can definately dig even the cheesy cover songs. he was one in a million. also check out john scofield and soul live. although they dont sound much like the wes man they sure do sound good.

Um, you're 15, right? I've been checking out John Scofield, etc. since before you were born :D.

Wes had his best work IMO with Hammond B3 maestro Jimmy Smith. That was great stuff. and nordic if you wanna check out something go back in time a bit and find some charlie christian. He was putting down horn lines on 6 strings long before anyone else. Like Byrd on an archtop!

i also believe in buying music....i have had many the argument with non musicians who don't understand the problem..alot of musicians also don't understand it.

i remember when i would go into a store and buy cassette tapes based on how cool the name of the band was.that's how i found sadus.

Tell the people who think that free downloads should be legal to put something valuable to them - that could potentialy be a source of earning a living - to post it on the web for free. Go find another job to support yourself because the masses don't believe they should have to pay for it. But don't stop producing it.

It's absolutely insane. I remember one person saying to me that it should be legal since radio stations play the music for free anyway. How can these people not be able to understand what they are saying? Ahh, screw it.

I'm not supporting them but the way "Big Brother" blinds us is with how glamorous celebrities are. I guess sometimes we just lose sight of the truth, that they are treated like crap and are not that rich. And although they may not be another miles davis they still did have to fight for it. Including getting out of whatever previous situation they were in. I'm with wes. Thank you for reminding me about that.

thats a little extreme.

yes..it is supposed to be.makes saber happy when he can disagree with me :D

in all reality i think they need to be shown some numbers about what an artist really makes for their music.i have a book "breaking in to the music bussiness"by alan h. siegel that goes into just that...and it is a real eye opener.just think how much more variety we would have in music if people actually bought it insead of downloading it.

by the way i have done it too.i have a friend who buys nothing.all he does is enlarge his vast collection of computer music by downloading everything he can think of.that's when i realized how big the problem really was..when i saw the vast libraries online he had to choose from.