Your Favorite Neck Wood Combonations

I apologize for all these pointless threads about body shapes and headstocks etc, I'm just trying to look at everything possible before I put it all together on paper and I haven't seen many neck wood combonations when I googled it. I'll stop making these threads if you want. So what is your favorite neck wood combo?

So far I know I want curly maple on the 2 outside parts but I dont know what to put in the inside, probably a 5 way combonation like M|W|A|W|M or something I just don't know what wood to use yet. :D

probably a 5 way combonation like M|W|A|W|M or something I just don't know what wood to use yet. :D

Does the W stand for walnut? If so, let me just say what a joy walnut is to work with. It's also a great counterpart to maple, and makes a good contrast.

-Dave

probably a 5 way combonation like M|W|A|W|M or something I just don't know what wood to use yet. :D

Does the W stand for walnut? If so, let me just say what a joy walnut is to work with. It's also a great counterpart to maple, and makes a good contrast.

-Dave

that was just an example of a 5 way combo of woods, i still dont know what woods im going to use

i know so far that its going to be 2 thicker curly maple peices on the outside like - CM|??|??|??|CM

CM = curly maple

Haven't played it yet (it's a few weeks from being strung up for the first time), but I love the one I've been working on -- black limba with flamed maple and padauk, with a cocobolo fretboard.

neck_before_finish_leveling_1.jpgheadstock_nut.jpgfretted.jpg

THOSE are pictures i would love to have a lot of. i love seeing necks like that. great work!

I am currently making my first walnut neck, and I hope it sounds nice when done. It is said to be a brighter wood similar to maple, but less harsh. So I have high hope for it. And on top of that, it is so much more pleasant to work with than hard maple. I am debating between a cocobolo FB and an Indian Rosewood at this time. I have to do a mock up to see what looks better.

i like 5 piece through necks to be light/mid/dark/mid/light, like this maple/bubinga wenge combo

IMG_0688.jpg

justs started another that will look similar but its maple/mahogany/wenge

neckprofile.jpg

some more:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/WezV/z5.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/WezV/neck.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/WezV/XL800820.jpg

bb1.jpg

This one was painted black as it was done for structure rather than looks - but it did nearly make me reconsider the black

pk6.jpg