Tri-caster D

This one's a sister to the single cut limba guitar i did a while back using the same boards as that one. this time its a double cut with a wilkinson/gotoh vs401 for some wobbly action and some rather sexy adeson pickups. it will be slow going as i have other projects to be doing that im actually getting paid for but whenever i have chance i shall be working on this one.

this time im thinking either natural or cherry red

02.jpg

th_04.jpg

The pickups on the guitar look markedly different from the smaller picture of the single. Are the bobbins colored? If the bobbins are indeed that amber/red color, a cherry wash for the guitar would look awesome! Even if they weren't, the darker color of the stain will accent the chrome parts, I feel.

So I guess either way I'd go with the red :D

I loved the single cut tele-esque version of this design. I'll be keen to see how this one works out...hopefull the finish won't be quite so dark as the last worked out. I like the pickup covers...I actually tried to make something similar with "flywires screens, but beyond my ability...these look great. Will it have the same JohnH electronics?

I'm interested in the way you have constructed this...the neck blank seems in inordinately wide. Nice to see a trem on it...great stuff!

pete

yeah same electronics and its only gonna be either natural or a cherry red so no dark finish like the last one.

the neck part is just that wide cos thats the board i got. there were only two boards of black limba when i went so i got em both and one just happened to be the right length for two neck throughs so i used it for the neck sections. it just fits the pickups and bridge on it so i can do all the routing for them before glueing the sides on which is useful

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
you need to do us a photo essay on that!!!

Please :D

hehe. theres not much to it really. theres a guy in wales whos on a couple of muse boards who programmed a midi circuit board and i just get everything from him and he tells me how to wire it. i wouldnt have a clue!

but it works. and is much less of a gimmick than you'd think. i thought it would be, and so did the guy whos whammy i tested it on, until we tested it and now hes ordered one too.

when i start doing his i might put some pics of it up