1990 To 1958 Les Paul Burst Conversion!

I just cant get my hands still, so i took off all of the original 90's parts and replaced them with vintage 50's correct ones, and it turns out to be a great conversion, what do you think?

Needless to say it plays and sounds great, the BB's actually sound better in this guitar then my 2003 LP, what can it be? The original PU are the ones with the Pat# stamped on the back, what are they call?

The guitar has been naturally aged by being played in beer smoked bars for years by the original owner.

Nico.

1990_1958-nico-conversion-1.jpg

DSC01951-1.jpg

1990-1958-nico-conversion2-1.jpg

case-LP-nico5-1.jpg

case-LP-nico6-1.jpg

Thath 6th string at tailpiece confuses me. Why is it put like thath? :D

-Juze aka Ghroath

I noticed that too. I was too lazy to ask though lol. I was going to say it had something to do with string thickness and the extreme angle it would be wrapped around at, but at the same time the string is at that same angle or more at the tuner.

*sniff sniff*

I smell it too Drak

Thath 6th string at tailpiece confuses me. Why is it put like thath? :D

-Juze aka Ghroath

I noticed that too. I was too lazy to ask though lol. I was going to say it had something to do with string thickness and the extreme angle it would be wrapped around at, but at the same time the string is at that same angle or more at the tuner.

*sniff sniff*

I smell it too Drak

Well i broke the string doing stretching and cut it too short for doing a new wrap. :D

The original PU are the ones with the Pat# stamped on the back, what are they call?

Crap?

Seriously thou, the burstbuckers are no way near as vintage correct as Gibson claims. No way near. That will of cause not stop them from sounding good. Or even great. That is up to you to decide. But they are totally of specs compared to the real deal

And I could also smell the clown.

The original PU are the ones with the Pat# stamped on the back, what are they call?

Crap?

Seriously thou, the burstbuckers are no way near as vintage correct as Gibson claims. No way near. That will of cause not stop them from sounding good. Or even great. That is up to you to decide. But they are totally of specs compared to the real deal

Why are you smelling BOBBO???

• 2 weeks later...

Crap?

Why are you smelling BOBBO???

???????