Need Dimensions For Pup Template... Will Share Cad File

Anyone have the dimensions or a sketch of a humbucker pocket routing template?

I would like to make my own, and don't see myself buying one from stew-mac just to take some measurements.

I would think all humbucker pockets are the same (soapbar being an exception)

I always use seymour duncan humbuckers....so if u guys have anything I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, I would share the CAD file with everyone once I have it drawn in solidworks.

Thanks!!!

ps. Yes, I did a search. : )

PM me. I have those drawn out in CAD already

That goes for anyone interested

what router bit size would you use with this?, i think all my top bearing follow patterns are too big to use with one of these.

also what final file format do you have the cad as? there is no use getting the file if i don't have software to open it

cheers kully

PM me. I have those drawn out in CAD already

That goes for anyone interested

just PM'ed you. you da man!!!!

sorry. i misunderstood. i still need the routing pocket jig pattern.. I have the pick-up dimensions. i'm not sure how much to oversize.

Check your mailbox. I sent you the wrong file...

what router bit size would you use with this?, i think all my top bearing follow patterns are too big to use with one of these.

also what final file format do you have the cad as? there is no use getting the file if i don't have software to open it

cheers kully

Tell me what format you need and I can probably send you the file in that format. I use a 1/8" bit and on the rare occasion I need to use a couge for the corners...

Tell me what format you need and I can probably send you the file in that format. I use a 1/8" bit and on the rare occasion I need to use a couge for the corners...

pdf is good

and it was not the diameter size i was after it was the depth i was after in regards to the routerbit and top bearing bit

Depending on the length of the "legs" you need a cutting depth of up to 1"/25mm. If you make the template thick enough you can use a really long bit too. Or add spacers between the template and the guitar top. But try that on scrap first so you don't slip that ball bearing under the template. Will cause disaster...

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a PDF with the drawing for the template